DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 46 First ... 10181920212230 ... Last
    Mmmmmm, then using conditions for the states of perception wont work. Cause if placing the condition <Unnoticed> on a creature means it is unnoticed by everyone? Even the ONE person standing in front of it?
    Yeah I was kinda thinking when it came to a players turn in the CT the DM could drop Hidden (or observed) and the Applied by was used to keep track of who sees what creature

Troll <Unnoticed> Applied by Greg the Brave
    <Unnoticed> Applied by Howd Groop
    <Observed> Applied by Strangley Browne

This way the DM keeps track of who's seeing what.
    The whole Perception & Stealth Mechanic can get VERY complected with multiple people, targets and differing lines of sight.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Mmmmmm, then using conditions for the states of perception wont work. Cause if placing the condition <Unnoticed> on a creature means it is unnoticed by everyone? Even the ONE person standing in front of it?
    "Applied by" does not filter which effects are active for each actor in the combat tracker.

Like I said, you’re confusing "applied by" functionality with functionality that is provided by effect targeting. Use effect targeting to target those creatures that the condition/effect is active for. Add the condition to a creature in the CT then use the targeting icon in that effect line - drag/drop the targeting icon to each creature in the CT to make the condition on that creature active for them.

This is described in the Wiki link I provided above.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yep, Im aware.
    I was thinking It could be used as a indicated as to what was happening and was hoping the effects didn't have any underlying functionality but if this cant be switched off. (probably in core the way it works)
    Ill have to think about another system to indicate whats going on.
    For the time being I may just have to manually place the information in each creature/player's to keep track of who sees who in what postion until a better system develops.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

For the time being I may just have to manually place the information in each creature/player's to keep track of who sees who in what postion until a better system develops.
    I'm confused? What can't you do using targeted effects?

Have you actually tried using targeted effects? Because I really don't understand how this won't work to automate (and track) who is hidden etc. from whom.

If you apply hidden to a creature it is hidden from everyone - this is the standard way every effect works in FG. *But* if you use effect targeting you can control who that creature is hidden from - see the screenshot below.

1) The Hidden condition has been added to a creature in the combat tracker.
    2) The effect targeting button can be dragged to other creatures in the CT to apply the condition to only those creatures. I've dragged this targeting button to the Air Mephit and Ghost Commoner.
    3) The effect shows which actors in the CT that condition applies to and the Hidden automation (flat DC 11 miss chance on attacks) will be applied to attacks from those creatures (Air Mephit or Ghost Commoner) against this creature.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

In all the YEARS Ive been using FG I have NOT ONCE; EVER! Noticed that targeting button on the effects.
    I was "not" aware an effect on a creature/player could be set to apply to only certain other players Creatures!

CRAP! Ive been playing the stupid Rimmer the whole game (Red Dwarf reference)

Thanks that sorts it out! (and a couple of other things for me too)

You done it again Trenloe!

In all the YEARS Ive been using FG I have NOT ONCE; EVER! Noticed that targeting button on the effects.
    I was "not" aware an effect on a creature/player could be set to apply to only certain other players Creatures!

Hahaha - no worries. I thought we were talking about the same end goal, just not on the same wavelength. A picture paints a thousand words!

Not directed at you, but I can't resist:

I'm very new to FG, but I've just picked up this wonderful nugget of knowledge thanks to this thread, haha. (I darn near facepalmed. . . "it's so simple! Just DRAG the thing! MAGIC" lol)

Thank you both for making the automation in my session later this week a billion times easier!

Quote Originally Posted by icehoodedfox View Post
    I'm very new to FG, but I've just picked up this wonderful nugget of knowledge thanks to this thread, haha. (I darn near facepalmed. . . "it's so simple! Just DRAG the thing! MAGIC" lol)

Thank you both for making the automation in my session later this week a billion times easier!
    Welcome to the FG forums icehoodedfox!

Yep, there's a lot of functionality created from drag/drop (and right-click menus). Glad your session later this week will be much easier for all involved!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums icehoodedfox!

Yep, there's a lot of functionality created from drag/drop (and right-click menus). Glad your session later this week will be much easier for all involved!
    I'm glad to be here, you guys have made an amazing program and I'm really looking forward to the continued development of PF2e and FG!

I do have a quick question relating to this targeting of effects however. . . targeting most effects seems to work exactly as it seems to be intended (for instance, dragging the "hidden" effect automates the correct DC's to hit), but in the case of the "Flat footed" the effect only seems to correctly automate if the effect is NOT targeted. . .

Example(lets see if my image links properly or if I mess it up): The top of the chat window is showing the Flat-footed effect working correctly when it is simply applied without a target, but once the flat-footed effect has been narrowed to a specific enemy (Poor Zartan is flat-footed TO the evil dragon specifically rather than everyone) it ceases to automate the attack penalty.
    Flat Footed.JPG

I'm totally not complaining, I'm just trying to point it out if it's not working correctly

EDIT: I tried to set both the Dragon and Zartan flat-footed TO eachother for the second part to see if it was working (or not working) in both directions (which it doesn't seem to be, so at least it's consistent!)

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by icehoodedfox View Post
    II do have a quick question relating to this targeting of effects however. . . targeting most effects seems to work exactly as it seems to be intended (for instance, dragging the "hidden" effect automates the correct DC's to hit), but in the case of the "Flat footed" the effect only seems to correctly automate if the effect is NOT targeted.
    One little thing to note in the Wiki effects page - targeted effects only work if there is a (T) in the "Notes" column of the details table.

Flat-footed doesn't have a (T) so it won't work with targeted effects (which you're finding). But, you raising this does make a good point - as you probably would want to target flat-footed to specific creatures. Logged as RS2.051 to be added to a future release.

In the meantime, you can use the GRANTCA condition (grant combat advantage - which rules is this from?), which is targetable (this is a hangover from the base code this ruleset is built on).

Thread Information