STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 46 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Craft View Post
    noticed that the level/xp in the encounter seems to be broken, it doesn't seem to be calculating at all, but when it does, it spits out way too much xp
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post447596
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That's the first trait I've seen that has a space in it.

I'd changed the PF2 code to use spaces to separate traits (the playtest code used commas) as it was better for readability of trait entries (IMO) and I hadn't found any two word traits. But, looks like I may have to go back and change back to commas. Great...

Sort term work around - enter it as "Sea-Devil".

Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.020.
    Just so that you know, the brazilian edition has some traits with spaces in it, "Cantrip" is "Truque Mágico" for example. And maybe in the future they will include more. Better be ready for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Just so that you know, the brazilian edition has some traits with spaces in it, "Cantrip" is "Truque Mágico" for example. And maybe in the future they will include more. Better be ready for them!
    Thanks for the info. That's decided then - I'll have to switch back to commas.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, commas is what I'm currently using in the parser.

Monsters / NPCs should have multiple attack penalities built into their stat blocks (calculating for agile)

Because FG auto applies crits (with crit successes and failures being far more frequent) and adjusting the modifier stack manually slows the game down significantly the only current solution of merit is to drag across custom effects. And that is also quite slow.

Currently I am rolling the first attack as targeted and the second and third attacks just into the chat window for speed and doing the math in my head. But people picking it up in FG without knowing how best to solve this will have a rough time.
    Last edited by lostsanityreturned; August 7th, 2019 at 09:45.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Monsters / NPCs should have multiple attack penalities built into their stat blocks (calculating for agile)

Because FG auto applies crits (with crit successes and failures being far more frequent) and adjusting the modifier stack manually slows the game down significantly the only current solution of merit is to drag across custom effects. And that is also quite slow.

Currently I am rolling the first attack as targeted and the second and third attacks just into the chat window for speed and doing the math in my head. But people picking it up in FG without knowing how best to solve this will have a rough time.
    Discussed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post447501 and a few posts after.

Does FG update the rulesets/app on a set schedule or are updates just released as they are available?

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0th1x View Post
    Does FG update the rulesets/app on a set schedule or are updates just released as they are available?
    Usually Tuesday. Check in the City Hall subforum for release announcements.

So I have been noticing a lot of (especially breath weapon) mobs have a "cooldown" timer on some of their powers. 1d4 rounds, 1d6 rounds, etc. For now, I decided the easiest thing is to just set up an EFFECT with Breath Cooldown (for example) with a randomizer set in it's # of rounds. Curious, though, if you've thought about putting in anything more elegant and visual?
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Curious, though, if you've thought about putting in anything more elegant and visual?
    Yes.

There's similar functionality in 5E and I'm looking at how to bring that in, at some point.

Thread Information