DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 42 of 46 First ... 324041424344 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums!

Error 1 is not actually an error - this is just a warning to tell you that no class kit was found. Paizo didn't provide class kits for any of the classes in Secrets of Magic - you can manually add one of the other class kits if you like by dragging they class kit to the PC inventory.

Error 2 - what are the steps to reproduce this error please?
    When using the character creator for the 2e ruleset everything went smoothly until I chose the summoner class and picked my eidolon. As soon as I pick the eidolon the error occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by bnmntj9 View Post
    When using the character creator for the 2e ruleset everything went smoothly until I chose the summoner class and picked my eidolon. As soon as I pick the eidolon the error occurs.
    Thanks for the information. There's been a fairly recent change to the underlying CoreRPG ruleset, which PFRPG2 run on top of, that's caused this error. I can't easily work around that change, so I've reached out to the main FG dev to see what we can do.

Thanks for reporting the issue. Unfortunately there's not an easy workaround at this stage - other than manually setting/changing the proficiencies on the eidolon as they change on the summoner PC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the information. There's been a fairly recent change to the underlying CoreRPG ruleset, which PFRPG2 run on top of, that's caused this error. I can't easily work around that change, so I've reached out to the main FG dev to see what we can do.

Thanks for reporting the issue. Unfortunately there's not an easy workaround at this stage - other than manually setting/changing the proficiencies on the eidolon as they change on the summoner PC.
    I appreciate the quick response. For now I've refunded the purchase. If the issue is resolved I'd be interested in making the purchase again, so please post if you find a solution.

Thanks!

I appreciate the quick response. For now I've refunded the purchase. If the issue is resolved I'd be interested in making the purchase again, so please post if you find a solution.

Thanks!
    Sorry, I should have mentioned that we will get a fix, just that I had to work with the FG dev to do so which meant that when I posted I couldn't give an ETA for a fix.

We now have a fix for the issue and are pushing that through the FG update process - it'll be an update to both the CoreRPG and PFRPG2 rulesets. I'll post again when both updates are complete, which should be in the next couple of days.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The fix has now been pushed to live. If you re-purchase, please test at your convenience and let me know if the issue has been resolved. Thanks!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post681656

The fix has now been pushed to live. If you re-purchase, please test at your convenience and let me know if the issue has been resolved. Thanks!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post681656
    I went ahead and purchased the content again. Everything seems to be working as intended! Thanks for the assistance.

I went ahead and purchased the content again. Everything seems to be working as intended! Thanks for the assistance.
    Thanks for checking it works OK now. And thanks again for the initial report.

Hi Trenloe, noticed this one while preparing some sneaky villains for this evening's game

In the Tools > Modifiers menu, Cover is listed as +2 AC, +2 Reflex and +2 Sneak, Greater cover as +4. Works perfectly for Reflex and AC, but doesn't apply a die roll bonus to Stealth. Could the wording be changed from Stealth to Sneak so the bonus applies when hiding or sneaking via stealth in cover?
    Last edited by vonBlashyrkh; March 22nd, 2023 at 11:13.

Quote Originally Posted by vonBlashyrkh View Post
    Hi Trenloe, noticed this one while preparing some sneaky villains for this evening's game

In the Tools > Modifiers menu, Cover is listed as +2 AC, +2 Reflex and +2 Sneak, Greater cover as +4. Works perfectly for Reflex and AC, but doesn't apply a die roll bonus to Stealth. Could the wording be changed from Stealth to Sneak so the bonus applies when hiding or sneaking via stealth in cover?
    There's no code currently in FG that adds any bonus to stealth checks based off cover. As mentioned in the effect page, any bonus from cover or greater cover to appropriate stealth based checks need to be handled manually, for example for the COVER effect: "Handle Manually: +2 circumstance bonus to Stealth checks to Hide, Sneak, or otherwise avoid detection."

This is the same for the Cover and Greater Cover modifier buttons.

This is primarily because there's currently not a way to differentiate between what type of Stealth check is being carried out. That will change in Release 19 - I'll make a note to re-visit this once Release 19 code is getting close to a live release.

So still learning the system but in the core rulebook darts have a dash to indicate they require an action to reload basically. In the FG conversion there is no indication on which items require an interaction action. Since reload uses a number field maybe add it to the notes? I only point it out because I had to bust out the hard back book and caused some confusion with new players. Thanks!

Thread Information