DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 25 of 46 First ... 15232425262735 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is how I'd set it up.

Add an "Effect" action to the spell in the bard's actions tab. Right-click on the Inspire Courage spell and select Add Spell Action -> Add Effect. Click the magnifying glass to the right of the new effect line that's been added and enter: ATK: 1 status; DMG: 1 status; SAVE: 1, fear and make the duration 1 round.

then, when the bard casts Inspire Courage, the player can select all allies (Friendly characters in FG terms) within range (either manually or by clicking the "Target all friendly units" button in the image toolbar) and then clicking the effect button to the left of the new effect you've just created. This will apply that effect in the combat tracker to all targeted creatures for a duration of 1 round.

It sounds like you've never really used effects before. There are a few videos in the Wiki regarding effects. Not necessarily specific to PF2, but the process is similar between a lot of FG rulesets - look for videos from 3.5E of PF1 and it'll be 99% the same as the PFRPG2 ruleset.
    Thanks Trenloe! I am super late getting back to you. I implemented the effect like you said and it works. You're right that I've never worked with effects before! What is the benefit of not having that effect in the spell as part of the core rules module?

Quote Originally Posted by Xillion View Post
    What is the benefit of not having that effect in the spell as part of the core rules module?
    The ruleset tries to parse out the effects from the spell description rather than have the effects hard coded. It's an efficiency thing, with the downside being that it's less accurate.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The ruleset tries to parse out the effects from the spell description rather than have the effects hard coded. It's an efficiency thing, with the downside being that it's less accurate.
    I can understand using the parser, but will there be a time where you or someone goes through spells, items, monsters, etc and verifies their accuracy within FG?

Quote Originally Posted by Xillion View Post
    I can understand using the parser, but will there be a time where you or someone goes through spells, items, monsters, etc and verifies their accuracy within FG?
    I doubt if there will be a complete review of all data as that is a moving goalpost. There will always be exceptions that won't be covered by the parser as Paizo don't use standard wording for their abilities, feats, spells, etc.. We aim for approx. 80% accuracy on things like this, and I'll always look at ways to improve the accuracy of the parsing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Can Toughness feat be made to add the +1 hit point per level?

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    Can Toughness feat be made to add the +1 hit point per level?
    Maybe. But things like this are lower on the priority and won't be looked at until some of the automation plans I have for the system are implemented.

Otherwise, here's a post with info on what you can do to apply this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post454613

EDIT: and I notice that post is in response to a similar question from you. Nothing's changed since then.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 15th, 2019 at 19:09.

From the Core Rules errata, the bulk of spellbook (blank) and formula book (blank) were changed from 1 to L. As far as I can tell the other bulk changes from the errata have been updated, but not those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty0x0 View Post
    From the Core Rules errata, the bulk of spellbook (blank) and formula book (blank) were changed from 1 to L. As far as I can tell the other bulk changes from the errata have been updated, but not those two.
    Thanks for reporting. Logged as CR2.061. Fixed in next release.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_skilllink.lua"]:35: attempt to index local 'draginfo' (a number value)
    When trying to drag a skill from the character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by hehaub View Post
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_skilllink.lua"]:35: attempt to index local 'draginfo' (a number value)
    When trying to drag a skill from the character sheet.
    Thanks for reporting. I'll look to queue up a fix soon. EDIT: Logged as RS2.074 and fixed in release 12.

In the meantime, as a work around - open the skill description window (click the link, don't drag it) then you can drag the link from the top left of the description window to wherever you were trying to drag it from the Skills tab.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 28th, 2019 at 01:38.

Thread Information