DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 87 of 89 First ... 37778586878889 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    I also discovered that you can't combine multiple variable modifiers for effects, e.g. [-3INT] or [2HLVL] etc. It would be nice if this could be implemented.
    What's the use case for these?

Edit: Actually [-other tag] doesn't seem to work at all.
    I've just tested with [-LVL] and it works fine.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    What's the use case for these?
    2HLVL would be for the healer's blessing. Since it goes up by 2 every spell rank and I wanted to implement it as a permanent character effect with the target receiving the temporary buff of the spell. The other was just an example.

I've just tested with [-LVL] and it works fine.
    Weird, I tried [-LVL] and [2LVL] and it doesn't work; [LVL] and [HLVL] work fine though.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Montis; July 25th, 2023 at 11:57.

This is operating correctly. Only effects that have (T) listed in the notes column in the FG Effects Wiki can be targeted - HEAL doesn't have a (T) listed.
    Could this be implemented, maybe?

2HLVL would be for the healer's blessing. Since it goes up by 2 every spell rank and I wanted to implement it as a permanent character effect with the target receiving the temporary buff of the spell. The other was just an example.
    Try [2OCL] - OCL is odd caster level.

Weird, I tried [-LVL] and [2LVL] and it doesn't work; [LVL] and [HLVL] work fine though.
    There seems to be an issue when there are additional parameters. Try adding a comma after the variable - e.g. RESIST: [-LVL], fire
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It's not a simple change, I'll add it to the list to maybe look at in the future.

EDIT: Or maybe today...
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 25th, 2023 at 13:07.

I'll see if I can get it into the Tuesday update...

Try [2OCL] - OCL is odd caster level.
    OCL wouldn't work for a character effect as I don't think there's anywhere to get the casterlevel from. In any case, unless Heal can get targeted, the effect is moot anyway and we'll have to do it manually for each heal.

There seems to be an issue when there are additional parameters. Try adding a comma after the variable - e.g. RESIST: [-LVL], fire
    Yes, that did indeed work. I'll use this workaround for now.
    Last edited by Montis; July 25th, 2023 at 13:11.

I'll see if I can get it into the Tuesday update...
    Sweet! Thanks for looking into it

OCL wouldn't work for a character effect as I don't think there's anywhere to get the casterlevel from.
    Ah, you confused me as you used square brackets, which are used for effects applied from the actions tab, which does have access to CL.

Sweet! Thanks for looking into it
    In live now: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post693630

EDIT: The Wiki has been updated.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 25th, 2023 at 20:47. Reason: Wiki has been updated

Thread Information