DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 83 of 89 First ... 33738182838485 ... Last
    Hi,
    I just tried PC takes control of NPC. Party Vision and Movement is on. I have rogue Merisiel from the Beginner Box and a Spider.
    The spider's faction is set to friendly.
    On the host I drag the right hand handle from the Spider CT entry to the PC portrait.

Host and Client both have a Spider NPC sheet popup.
    The host version is normal.
    The Client is able to move the spider and end the spider's turn.
    The only problem is that the Client version of the spider's NPC sheet is blank.
    PC controls NPC.png

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi,
    I just tried PC takes control of NPC. Party Vision and Movement is on. I have rogue Merisiel from the Beginner Box and a Spider.
    The spider's faction is set to friendly.
    On the host I drag the right hand handle from the Spider CT entry to the PC portrait.

Host and Client both have a Spider NPC sheet popup.
    The host version is normal.
    The Client is able to move the spider and end the spider's turn.
    The only problem is that the Client version of the spider's NPC sheet is blank.
    PC controls NPC.png
    The creature us unidentified. Change it to identified.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I noticed the following in Release 17: - Spell Level option to damage/heal actions (migrated from Blackfoot's extension).
    I have been unable to see an editable field anywhere to alter the spell level on the fly (i.e. heighten a spell). Would someone please send me a picture of where it is? (the posts about it only have text).

As I read the Release 18 docs and experimented with features, I noticed that the color spray on my pre-generated ezren from the forge had an old version without the "apply to result stat" fields set.
    I had to delete the spell and drag the spell over from the Core Rulebook module so it would be up to date and the automation would work.
    Given that I don't know if the PFS2 Official Pregen characters conform to the current release 18 implementation, is my only choice to rebuild each of the pregens from scratch to make sure they are up to date with release 18?

I noticed the following in Release 17: - Spell Level option to damage/heal actions (migrated from Blackfoot's extension).
    I have been unable to see an editable field anywhere to alter the spell level on the fly (i.e. heighten a spell). Would someone please send me a picture of where it is? (the posts about it only have text).
    You heighten a spell in two ways:
    1) For a cantrip, use the CL, Even CL, Odd CL options in damage and effect details string cyclers - probably the Odd CL will be the most often used, as cantrips are heightened to half your level rounded up.
    2) For non-cantrips, you heighten a spell by adding it to a higher spell slot level. This impacts the "Spell Level" (spell slot the spell is in) options in the spell damage and effect cyclers. - for example: preparing burning hands at a higher spell slot level gives +2d6 damage per spell slot level. So the damage entry is 2d6 x Spell Level. You can see this in the spell details, and the different damage entries based off the spell slot the spell is in. FG will also show an "H" to indicate the spell has been heightened (prepared in a higher spell slot level) - the H doesn't indicate specifically that there's anything in the spell FG setup that changes when heightened, it just shows that the spell is prepared at a higher slot level than the spells base level.

...is my only choice to rebuild each of the pregens from scratch to make sure they are up to date with release 18?
    The Forge product says "last updated 148 days ago", so the ways to make sure they're up-to-date with what's available now is to do a state-and-compare with the character effects, automation fields, spells action entries; or do it yourself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The Forge product says "last updated 148 days ago", so the ways to make sure they're up-to-date with what's available now is to do a state-and-compare with the character effects, automation fields, spells action entries; or do it yourself.
    OK. Thanks.

I am not sure what "state-and-compare" means. Do I drill down to every individual character effect, automation field, spells action entry on the PC sheet and compare those to the drilled down automation fields of the similar entry in the module records on the right side of the main screen?

I have a thought. In this ruleset some composite objects (e.g. PC sheet) contain embedded versions of specific releases of module records from the library (like the color spray spell from Release 17). This does make the automation much nicer, but it leads to a configuration control challenge.

It might be nice in the future to have a function in the ruleset that would compare the release numbers on all the records embedded on the PC sheet with the corresponding release numbers of the currently active records in the library and provide a list of warnings that some embedded records on this PC sheet are out of date, so they can be corrected in a more focused manner. Perhaps this could be flagged in the CharGen tracker where the PC build history is located.

I am not sure what "state-and-compare" means. Do I drill down to every individual character effect, automation field, spells action entry on the PC sheet and compare those to the drilled down automation fields of the similar entry in the module records on the right side of the main screen?
    Sorry, Stare and compare.

It might be nice in the future to have a function in the ruleset that would compare the release numbers on all the records embedded on the PC sheet with the corresponding release numbers of the currently active records in the library and provide a list of warnings that some embedded records on this PC sheet are out of date, so they can be corrected in a more focused manner. Perhaps this could be flagged in the CharGen tracker where the PC build history is located.
    Yes, that might be nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Yes, that might be nice...

I am stuck recreating Sajan the Monk from the Paizo PDF.
    He has Tiger Stance "can make tiger claw attacks. These deal 1d8". He also has powerful fist which is lethal and d6.
    Neither of these appear in items to drag up to his weapons actions or spells. Do they have to be manually created at this point?

Do they have to be manually created at this point?
    Yes.

Thread Information