STAR TREK 2d20
Page 62 of 89 First ... 1252606162636472 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dewmsolo View Post
    I don't know if this is recently not working again because I feel like this used to work not that long ago, but the "Action symbols" are not working when using a custom font.

So if I use the FGU regular font without an extension to replace it, the "Action symbols" all show properly. If I use an extension to replace the standard font the "Action symbols" do not render anymore and are replaced with an empty box.

For some reason I think FGU used to fallback to the standard font for these when the new font didn't have the symbols, but I may just be imagining things also.
    Font forge works for porting the symbols into other fonts.

So you are suggesting to use Font Forge to modify the custom font by using FGU's basic font to "import" the symbols?

So you are suggesting to use Font Forge to modify the custom font by using FGU's basic font to "import" the symbols?
    Yup, put it into the same location and it works. Done it a few times as a makeshift fix

I don't know if this is recently not working again because I feel like this used to work not that long ago, but the "Action symbols" are not working when using a custom font.

So if I use the FGU regular font without an extension to replace it, the "Action symbols" all show properly. If I use an extension to replace the standard font the "Action symbols" do not render anymore and are replaced with an empty box.

For some reason I think FGU used to fallback to the standard font for these when the new font didn't have the symbols, but I may just be imagining things also.
    The PF2 symbols are specific characters in the font. They aren’t separate. There has never been a fallback or replacement. FG doesn’t know if the font it’s using contains the right symbol or not - it’s just a single character it displays. So, as mentioned above, the individual symbol characters from the base ruleset font would have to be incorporated into any fonts that replace the ruleset fonts.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hello, i have this bug on FGU : [ATTACH=CONFIG]Icon missing[/ATTACH]
    And i see this error on log : [ATTACH=CONFIG]tab action error[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Karzoug View Post
    Hello, i have this bug on FGU : [ATTACH=CONFIG]Icon missing[/ATTACH]
    And i see this error on log : [ATTACH=CONFIG]tab action error[/ATTACH]
    Welcome to the FG forums!

Thanks for reporting these issues. They've both been raised on the FG Discord server and are being looked at. They don't actually break anything, but obviously need fixing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The latest unity update seems to have broken text positioning a bit, everything has shifted down and text is embedded into the underlining in themes (best examples would be effects, both in the combat tracker and character sheets)

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    The latest unity update seems to have broken text positioning a bit, everything has shifted down and text is embedded into the underlining in themes (best examples would be effects, both in the combat tracker and character sheets)
    This appears to be present in other rulesets. And the PFRPG2 ruleset doesn't change the base underline spacing of "1" from CoreRPG. So will have to wait on the fix being applied in a future release of FGU.

I hope I'm in the right thread. Please accept my apology if not.

Situation: Party is in combat. Bard is somewhere in the middle of the initiative order. Bard casts Inspire Courage. (I use SR's Drag and Drop to automate the effect) All targets receive the right bonuses, etc, etc. When the round officially ends and goes back to the top of the order, the spell is gone, even though it should be effective until it's the bard's turn again.

It LOOKS like you can only select "Start of Round" and "End of round" to decrement the effect (which appears weird to me, because they're effectively the same). Is that the case? And if so, it seems the only workaround for the bard would be to cast it at the top of the next round, and if they choose not to cast it when it's their turn again, go in and manually remove the effect from everyone.

Have I missed something? I don't necessarily know if this is a bug, but maybe a limitation of the ruleset programming and/or FGU.

Hey BD... I am not sure why that's happening for you. When I just tested Inspire Courage, having one character cast it on her turn, the effect lasted through to next round for all characters until it hit the casting character's turn when it then ended for everyone it was applied to.

Granted, I tested this in Classic.. so maybe I should double-check to make sure it works the same in Unity. Hrm.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Thread Information