FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 61 of 89 First ... 1151596061626371 ... Last
    Ckorik, Did you look at the screen shots I posted?playtest info screen shot.jpg
    Last edited by CaryScott; August 23rd, 2020 at 20:07.

Yes - that's from the data module activation screen - the test rules were a data module - they contain stuff like feats/classes etc. that were part of the playtest. They are a data module. The base ruleset is not - example here - note that I have no data modules loaded - the base ruleset is already loaded though:
    ruleset-example.JPG

Another example here - where you pick *the base ruleset*

ruleset-pick-example.JPG

ok, I think I get it now I am seeing the playtest data because I activated it in the data module section, but the ruleset is running the PFRPG2 from the initial module creation. Thanks for help clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by CaryScott View Post
    ok, I think I get it now I am seeing the playtest data because I activated it in the data module section, but the ruleset is running the PFRPG2 from the initial module creation. Thanks for help clarifying.
    The PF2e ruleset is fully functional without modules, but it will mean you need to manually create everything if you want automation atm. (nobody has made a SRD as far as I am aware, and I don't think people will out of respect for Trenlo's work for now).

If you do want to get all of the content.

1. Link your fantasygrounds account with your paizo account. This gives a discount equal to the price of the pdf if you have the pdf on your paizo account, OR gives you the pdf if you do not. You will need to retrieve or send purchase information before or after each purchase to gain these benefits respectively. (link provided below)

2. Purchase individual books from the Fantasygrounds store. This will give you everything in the book you choose including all images and text including a full reference file allowing you to search the book and link sections mid play. You then load this module when you start up the ruleset in the screen you have been looking at.

Links:

Paizo Account Synchronization

Pathfinder 2e Core Rule Book

Store filtered for rule books only

Lost Omens line of setting books

Adventures including adventure paths and stand alone adventure modules

FINAL NOTE:
    If you want any information on what a specific product gives you feel free to ask; I am just a user but I have extensive experience with the ruleset and products now.

You don't actually need the products mentioned to run games in Fantasygrounds, it is just for making life easy/quick so you don't have to enter things in manually.

I recommend going to the Fantasygrounds College site if you want to get a more directed tour through the program by some of the other users. It isn't necessary and I didn't use it to learn the program, but I spend my life learning far more complex programs and relearning them every update for a living -laughs-

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the DLC, the core rules, or what, but:

I was running The Slithering yesterday, and had a PC use Electric Arc against one of the ochre jellies, which are immune to electricity. Since they didn't know, I had them resolve the spell normally. The jelly crit failed its saving throw.

When the PC went to roll damage, for some reason the ooze still took damage, but the damage wasn't doubled. It kinda looks like it resisted the base damage of the spell, but still took the extra damage from crit failing.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    I'm not sure if this is an issue with the DLC, the core rules, or what, but:

I was running The Slithering yesterday, and had a PC use Electric Arc against one of the ochre jellies, which are immune to electricity. Since they didn't know, I had them resolve the spell normally. The jelly crit failed its saving throw.

When the PC went to roll damage, for some reason the ooze still took damage, but the damage wasn't doubled. It kinda looks like it resisted the base damage of the spell, but still took the extra damage from crit failing.
    Moved to the ruleset thread as this is a ruleset issue.

Logged as RS2.107. Thanks for reporting.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Searching for Orc ancestry feats via the tracker also returns feats for Sorcerer and Half-Orc. This is likely due to it doing a simple substring search on the traits, instead of doing a word based search, which should be doable either using a regular expression of by tokenizing the traits string field.

Quote Originally Posted by flashgordon View Post
    Searching for Orc ancestry feats via the tracker also returns feats for Sorcerer and Half-Orc. This is likely due to it doing a simple substring search on the traits, instead of doing a word based search, which should be doable either using a regular expression of by tokenizing the traits string field.
    Yeah, it's on my internal list of things to do. Unfortunately it's not a simple fix due to the way the standard CoreRPG code is used to filter records. It effects goblin and hobgoblin filters too (i.e hobgoblin ancestry feats are included with the goblin feats). Working on a fix though.

Thanks for reporting the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I don't know if this is recently not working again because I feel like this used to work not that long ago, but the "Action symbols" are not working when using a custom font.

So if I use the FGU regular font without an extension to replace it, the "Action symbols" all show properly. If I use an extension to replace the standard font the "Action symbols" do not render anymore and are replaced with an empty box.

For some reason I think FGU used to fallback to the standard font for these when the new font didn't have the symbols, but I may just be imagining things also.

Thread Information