FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 89 First ... 456781656 ... Last
    Release 2 if the ruleset is now live - perform an updated and you should see version v3.3.8 (PF2 release 2) in the chat window. See the issue list (linked in post #2) for details of what is included in the this release.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So I was trying to figure out what some traits were not getting applied when it came to things like SAVE: effects. The Boggard Swampseer, for example, has the Terrifying Croak. It includes the trait fear. When this is put up against the Satyr's Sylvan Wine (effect SAVE: 3 will, item, fear), it rolled it's save with the +3 effect included. Beautiful!

However, when I cast the FEAR spell (also a Boggard ability), no luck. It would apply the +1 from Sylvan Wine (effect SAVE: 1 will, item), but not the +3. Hrm.

Long story short, I figured it out. When spells are dragged and dropped from the Spell Tab, they get there traits in ALL CAPS, with no commas as separators - and therein lies the problem. Those commas apparently are the key because when I added them to the Fear spell, the +3 vs fear trait worked and the saving throw was further enhanced.

Hopefully, you can fix it so that traits can be identified without the comma separator or that's a lot of spells to add commas to
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    So I was trying to figure out what some traits were not getting applied when it came to things like SAVE: effects. The Boggard Swampseer, for example, has the Terrifying Croak. It includes the trait fear. When this is put up against the Satyr's Sylvan Wine (effect SAVE: 3 will, item, fear), it rolled it's save with the +3 effect included. Beautiful!

However, when I cast the FEAR spell (also a Boggard ability), no luck. It would apply the +1 from Sylvan Wine (effect SAVE: 1 will, item), but not the +3. Hrm.

Long story short, I figured it out. When spells are dragged and dropped from the Spell Tab, they get there traits in ALL CAPS, with no commas as separators - and therein lies the problem. Those commas apparently are the key because when I added them to the Fear spell, the +3 vs fear trait worked and the saving throw was further enhanced.

Hopefully, you can fix it so that traits can be identified without the comma separator or that's a lot of spells to add commas to
    I think I'm going to have to change back to using commas, more based off that one "Sea Devil" trait you found than anything else. Until Paizo start using traits with commas...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

hello!!! or I am doing something wrong or striking weapons continue without adding extra damage
    striking weapon.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vyruxx View Post
    hello!!! or I am doing something wrong or striking weapons continue without adding extra damage
    striking weapon.jpg
    You only added striking to the name from what I see. Drag another d6 to the damage to give the bonus it gets from striking.

Quote Originally Posted by vyruxx View Post
    striking weapon.jpg
    Add striking to the weapon properties before dragging to the PC sheet.

See the Items page in the Wiki -> User Guides -> PFRPG2 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...PG2_Item_Sheet

If your weapon is already on the PC sheet then do as @kaernunnos mentions and manually add the extra damage dice.

Hey Trenloe, thanks for the update!

A few humble non-critical requests: To change the Lore and Perception skills on the Chargen for their respective lines on the Strings file. I've been working on the translation LPak for PF2, and the Chargen keeps trying to add "Lore" or "Perception", instead of the translated words. I've included where they are located at for your convenience, since I don't want to trouble you more than needed. And these are not critical, I know you have more stuff going on right now, but if you could log those to fix at some point I'd appreciate.

manager_background.lua

Lines, 111 and 140.
    Swap "Lore" with Interface.getString("skill_value_lore")

manager_char.lua
    Line, 2380.
    Swap "Perception" with Interface.getString("skill_value_perception")

Thanks a lot for all the effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Hey Trenloe, thanks for the update!

A few humble non-critical requests: To change the Lore and Perception skills on the Chargen for their respective lines on the Strings file. I've been working on the translation LPak for PF2, and the Chargen keeps trying to add "Lore" or "Perception", instead of the translated words. I've included where they are located at for your convenience, since I don't want to trouble you more than needed. And these are not critical, I know you have more stuff going on right now, but if you could log those to fix at some point I'd appreciate.

manager_background.lua

Lines, 111 and 140.
    Swap "Lore" with Interface.getString("skill_value_lore")

manager_char.lua
    Line, 2380.
    Swap "Perception" with Interface.getString("skill_value_perception")

Thanks a lot for all the effort!
    I've made those changes (by the way, those files have changed today!). This should be in the update next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I've made those changes (by the way, those files have changed today!). This should be in the update next week.
    Thanks for the heads up, I've been watching them closely! I've already updated the strings and made a few updates to match the correct terms in portuguese. Little by little I want to add the automation to recognize as many expressions in portuguese as possible, and maybe have a talk with the company in charge of PF2e in Brazil, who knows if they might get in touch with Paizo and SmiteWorks to have the brazilian module sold on FG?

Either way, I know much of the ruleset is going to change in the near future so I'll go slowly and wait for most things to be in place before making those changes.

a very very very minor nit: the order of immunities, weaknesses and resistances on the NPC sheet does not match the bestiary. it offends my sensibilities ;-)

Thread Information