STAR TREK 2d20
Page 59 of 89 First ... 949575859606169 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Oh while I remember. There is an issue with the MAP effect where it doesn't apply unless you use the toggle button from the modifier window or the combat tracker.

Replicate:
    - Apply MAP:2 effect to player character
    - Roll second or third weapon attack into chat or at a target. It won't adjust the modifier of the roll.
    - Toggle MAP#2 or MAP#3 button. Roll second or third weapon attack into chat or at a target again. It will adjust the modifier of the roll.

This also creates a secondary issue/bug where if you have the MAP:# effect the map toggle buttons no longer apply to the first attack a player makes.

Example and Issue:
    - Toggle MAP#2 or MAP#3 button
    - Roll the first attack from the combat tracker
    - It will roll at a -5 or -10
    - Apply MAP:2 effect to the same character
    - Toggle MAP#2 or MAP#3 button
    - it will roll at a +2 or +4 (it should be rolling with a -3 or -6)

The issue being that it changes how the MAP modifier buttons interact with the weapon entries depending on whether the player has an effect applied or not.
    See details on how this is designed to work here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post508118

And, by design, it's assumed that any MAP effect will be negative. I doubt there'll ever be a positive bonus to MAP.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    See details on how this is designed to work here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post508118

And, by design, it's assumed that any MAP effect will be negative. I doubt there'll ever be a positive bonus to MAP.
    Ah never saw that description, only saw that it was added as an effect via the patch notes in the past.
    It came to mind recently when a redditor was mentioning they had the same issue and I explained how/when it worked or didn't work for me and what I did to get it consistently working.

Probably worth adding a description of how it has to work to the Effects wiki page to avoid confusion in the future. As currently with a positive it can look to be working but have situational cases where it doesn't work, and that will lead to confusion.

It's mentioned here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ects#Modifiers (The old Wiki is locked and I can't update it). I'll add info saying it doesn't work for PC attack #2 and #3 entries.

MAP is used in a simple mathematical calculation: Second attack penalty = MAP [+1 if using an agile weapon]. Third and higher attack = (MAP [+1 if using an agile weapon]) x 2.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Hattoriku View Post
    A few days ago the combat tracker has started to display the initiative and speed of npcs when their turn comes up - Attachment 38199
    This should be fixed with today's update. Thanks again for reporting.

Was just about to come back and post of the character, but it looks like lostsanityreturned beat me to the punch! Glad to know that I wasn't the only GM having this issue! Thanks Trenloe for all of your hard work on this ruleset!

Deleted...Sorry, had an issue, saw you address it in another post (and i cant figure out how to delete this)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by teddytws; August 13th, 2020 at 07:12. Reason: Issue already addressed

Quote Originally Posted by thomnoland View Post
    One of my players is having an issue where their strength score isn't calculating properly. All the rules and boosts should leave the character at 18 strength, but it keeps setting the strength score at 17. When I manually ticked it up to 18 it read 18(+2), ticked it back down to 17, which now displays as 17(+1), so the system NOW seems to calculate the strength at 16? Any help, advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    The issue occurs when raising a character with a penalty to 18 form 16.

It works correctly when the character first gets the ability score, but resets to 17 when the session is freshly loaded. It resets to 18 again if you go back into the tracker and cycle the state selection.

I can also give you a character export where it has happened. I have recreated it with a level 5 gnome barbarian with maximum strength selection, so it should be easily replicatable on your end as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddytws View Post
    Deleted...Sorry, had an issue, saw you address it in another post (and i cant figure out how to delete this)
    Thanks everyone for reporting the issues - and helping me work out what they are. These (and another I saw) are part of a hotfix recently made available via the updater - the release version reported in chat is 17b-1.

Info on the fixes here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post534239

Just found this thread after posting this elsewhere so I'll crosspost here quick:

Quote Originally Posted by SCPantera View Post
    Dunno if this is intended but since it's working fine for armor I figured I might as well drop a post here: was troubleshooting an unrelated issue when I noticed FGU wasn't automatically adding proficiency bonuses to weapon attacks. Highlighted in the attached image.

Been GMing my first campaign of 2e in FGU and we've all been wondering why things seemed like they've been whiffing a bit more than they should.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey SCPantera. For now, the automation of weapon proficiencies isn't in like it is with armor. I know Trenloe intends to change that in the future, but it's more complicated to implement with weapons that it was with armor groups. For now, simple go through the weapons on the actions tab and cycle through to reach the level of training expected.

The easiest way to tell if a weapon is missing its expected proficiency is to simple look at the Prof column on that action sheet. If it's blank when it shouldn't be, you know you need to go in and update that weapon's rating.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I guess I'd suggest mentioning it in the tracker for character creation, since it's otherwise not clear that's the case.

Thread Information