DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 58 of 89 First ... 848565758596068 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Will there be a resolution for the "If you have more than one type of resistance that would apply to the same instance of damage, use only the highest applicable resistance value" situation?
    Yes, it will be at some point. As mentioned before, it's on the issues list as RS2.097.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

One of my players is having an issue where their strength score isn't calculating properly. All the rules and boosts should leave the character at 18 strength, but it keeps setting the strength score at 17. When I manually ticked it up to 18 it read 18(+2), ticked it back down to 17, which now displays as 17(+1), so the system NOW seems to calculate the strength at 16? Any help, advice?

Quote Originally Posted by thomnoland View Post
    One of my players is having an issue where their strength score isn't calculating properly. All the rules and boosts should leave the character at 18 strength, but it keeps setting the strength score at 17. When I manually ticked it up to 18 it read 18(+2), ticked it back down to 17, which now displays as 17(+1), so the system NOW seems to calculate the strength at 16? Any help, advice?
    Please export the character into an XML file and attach here. Press the blue arrow button on the chargen tracker to export the XML file. I'll take a look at the PC to see if I can work out what the issue is.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Please export the character into an XML file and attach here. Press the blue arrow button on the chargen tracker to export the XML file. I'll take a look at the PC to see if I can work out what the issue is.
    The issue occurs when raising a character with a penalty to 18 form 16.

It works correctly when the character first gets the ability score, but resets to 17 when the session is freshly loaded. It resets to 18 again if you go back into the tracker and cycle the state selection.

I can also give you a character export where it has happened. I have recreated it with a level 5 gnome barbarian with maximum strength selection, so it should be easily replicatable on your end as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    The issue occurs when raising a character with a penalty to 18 form 16.

It works correctly when the character first gets the ability score, but resets to 17 when the session is freshly loaded. It resets to 18 again if you go back into the tracker and cycle the state selection.

I can also give you a character export where it has happened. I have recreated it with a level 5 gnome barbarian with maximum strength selection, so it should be easily replicatable on your end as well.
    I'm not clear on the exact cause, so I would appreciate some example XML I can look at. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm not clear on the exact cause, so I would appreciate some example XML I can look at. Thanks.
    Sure I will link two below.

Process to replicate:
    - Create a character
    - Select Gnome ancestry, select strength as its attribute increase
    - Select Any background, select strength as its attribute increase
    - Select Barbarian class, select strength as its primary attribute
    - Select strength as one of your four free attribute increases
    - Increase the barbarian's level till level 5
    - Select strength as one of your four free attribute increases

The gnome should now have 18 in str as it started with a -2 penalty in strength, this is correct.

- Close fantasygrounds
    - Reopen fantasygrounds

The gnome will now have 17 in strength. The issue is tied to ability penalties and resetting the program.

Example STR Gnome XML

Sorcerer with 17 CHA

Oh, yeah. I bet it's because it's assigning just a +1 bonus to the stat increase when applying those bonuses (thinking it's an 18 going to 19, so just +1) and then applying the Ability Flaw for Gnome (-2) during some internal check on re-entry. So what the original character had was STR: 10 -2 (gnome) +2 (Anc) +2 (BG) +2 (Class) +2 (Free) for a 16. Then +2 (L5) for 18. Somehow, the recompute on reentry is applying the Flaw after the boosts (so 10+2+2+2+2+1 then -2). The Tracker handles it normally, but something else must reload on entry differently.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Thanks for explaining the issue and providing examples. Logged as RS2.104 and fixed in release 18 (not the release tomorrow).

Oh while I remember. There is an issue with the MAP effect where it doesn't apply unless you use the toggle button from the modifier window or the combat tracker.

Replicate:
    - Apply MAP:2 effect to player character
    - Roll second or third weapon attack into chat or at a target. It won't adjust the modifier of the roll.
    - Toggle MAP#2 or MAP#3 button. Roll second or third weapon attack into chat or at a target again. It will adjust the modifier of the roll.

This also creates a secondary issue/bug where if you have the MAP:# effect the map toggle buttons no longer apply to the first attack a player makes.

Example and Issue:
    - Toggle MAP#2 or MAP#3 button
    - Roll the first attack from the combat tracker
    - It will roll at a -5 or -10
    - Apply MAP:2 effect to the same character
    - Toggle MAP#2 or MAP#3 button
    - it will roll at a +2 or +4 (it should be rolling with a -3 or -6)

The issue being that it changes how the MAP modifier buttons interact with the weapon entries depending on whether the player has an effect applied or not.
    Last edited by lostsanityreturned; August 11th, 2020 at 01:58.

Thread Information