DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 53 of 89 First ... 343515253545563 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The Hero Points extension displays the number for the GM.

I hadn't considered using the CoreRPG extension, since PF2 already has the Hero Points on the character sheet. I'll give it a try.

- Robert

Quote Originally Posted by rhammer2 View Post
    I hadn't considered using the CoreRPG extension, since PF2 already has the Hero Points on the character sheet. I'll give it a try.
    The ruleset uses the code from the extension. You won't get anything else from the extension, and probably issues. I wouldn't recommend running it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I was talking with my friends and I saw that they and the FG only considerate a natural 20 as an always critical hit if the total was equals or higher than the defender's AC. But, in the page 278 of the Core Rulebook, it says "When you make an attack and roll a natural 20 [...] or if the result of your attack exceeds the target's AC by 10, you achieve a critical success."

critical-hit.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Dargos View Post
    I was talking with my friends and I saw that they and the FG only considerate a natural 20 as an always critical hit if the total was equals or higher than the defender's AC. But, in the page 278 of the Core Rulebook, it says "When you make an attack and roll a natural 20 [...] or if the result of your attack exceeds the target's AC by 10, you achieve a critical success."

critical-hit.PNG
    Welcome to the FG forums!

Thanks for reporting the potential issue. This has been discussed for a while around the community and was finally addressed by the Paizo design team - see the video (time linked to start at the right place) here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/633545875?t=1h24m28s

So, Fantasy Grounds is operating correctly.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The natural 20 = always crits likely is stuck in peoples' heads from PF1E. The change to natural 20 = increase by one success level is one of the pivotal changes from 1E to 2E and among the first thing I explained to my former 1E players.

It's noteworthy that the critical hit/fumble decks standard rules are to only draw a card on a natural 20/1, with optional "deadly" rules also drawing on a +10/-10 result. I did the -10 rule for fumbles for a while to entice players not to use every last action as a strike, but try something else. It does slow down gameplay, though, because we do not have crit/fumble tables in PFRPG2 yet. Can I program those myself somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums!

Thanks for reporting the potential issue. This has been discussed for a while around the community and was finally addressed by the Paizo design team - see the video (time linked to start at the right place) here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/633545875?t=1h24m28s

So, Fantasy Grounds is operating correctly.
    Wow, thanks, didn't know this statement. When a read the book for the first time, I was thinking "ok, you can miss an attack, even when you roll a natural 20, cool". Then someone print this part of the book, the same one that I print here, and I was "ok, I was wrong, 20 is always critical, but only for attacks rolls". Thanks again for the video, this will help to unmake misunderstandings in my community, but I hope Paizo make a real errata with this.

Quite a shame that this quintessential change slipped through editing and that erratas take so long to publish and are not immediately included in an update to the PDFs.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; July 19th, 2020 at 17:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Quite a shame that this quintessential change slipped through editing and that erratas take to long to publish and are not immediately included in an update to the PDFs.
    Yeah, the Brazilian version will be start to print in this month. This version already have the errata #1, unfortunately won't get that correction

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    It's noteworthy that the critical hit/fumble decks standard rules are to only draw a card on a natural 20/1, with optional "deadly" rules also drawing on a +10/-10 result. I did the -10 rule for fumbles for a while to entice players not to use every last action as a strike, but try something else. It does slow down gameplay, though, because we do not have crit/fumble tables in PFRPG2 yet. Can I program those myself somehow?
    I started with a blank campaign and created tables that have the resolutions (one table for each type of damage). Once done creating, export the tables as a mod file; you can then load it alongside any campaign you wish. The mod totaled 388K in size.

Now when appropriate, I drag the die to the chat window (it rolls a D52) and make the results known to the players. It's simple, and any effects need to be added to targets manually, but all my players wanted was to use the deck.

Thread Information