DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 89 First ... 345671555 ... Last
    I was aware of the modifier window, for the multi attack penalties, I was merely suggesting the implementation of something more streamlined like the buttons that players get on their sheets. It’s all crazy and new and I know you guys are doing your best!

Quote Originally Posted by Headhuntergaming View Post
    I was aware of the modifier window, for the multi attack penalties, I was merely suggesting the implementation of something more streamlined like the buttons that players get on their sheets. It’s all crazy and new and I know you guys are doing your best!
    It's a good idea. Something for way down the line when I look at tracking actions... In the meantime the modifier buttons are the way to go.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The effects are missing a bonus type, status. It seems to be fairly common with spells.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    The effects are missing a bonus type, status. It seems to be fairly common with spells.
    Thanks for reporting.

Has been reported before and logged as RS2.011 - it is fixed in the next release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry to interrupt all the great bug reporting with a stupid question, but I'm a little confused on what the difference is between the (free) ruleset and the ($60) Core Rulebook? Is it possible to play the game with just the free ruleset? What does the CRB add to that experience? Is it better reference to the rules or is it more implementation which isn't present in the ruleset?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanula View Post
    Sorry to interrupt all the great bug reporting with a stupid question, but I'm a little confused on what the difference is between the (free) ruleset and the ($60) Core Rulebook? Is it possible to play the game with just the free ruleset? What does the CRB add to that experience? Is it better reference to the rules or is it more implementation which isn't present in the ruleset?
    The ruleset is all the coding under the hood that lets FG know what actions and dice rolls are supposed to do. The CRB is the reference material (here are the classes, the races, the ancestries, the feats, spells, items, etc.) you'd build your characters and NPCs with. There is no SRD yet for the PFRPG2 ruleset yet (estimated six months before they arrive) so of course you can play for "free" — you'd be spending the time to input all that data yourself (pro tip: just input the little bits you actually need to play right away then slowly add the rest as you go along) vs. spending the money where someone already did the work for you (and as features get added to the ruleset, the CRB will be updated for free to support those new features).

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    The ruleset is all the coding under the hood that lets FG know what actions and dice rolls are supposed to do. The CRB is the reference material (here are the classes, the races, the ancestries, the feats, spells, items, etc.) you'd build your characters and NPCs with. There is no SRD yet for the PFRPG2 ruleset yet (estimated six months before they arrive) so of course you can play for "free" — you'd be spending the time to input all that data yourself (pro tip: just input the little bits you actually need to play right away then slowly add the rest as you go along) vs. spending the money where someone already did the work for you (and as features get added to the ruleset, the CRB will be updated for free to support those new features).
    The SRD is live already

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    The SRD is live already
    The base SRD is live. But this data has not been converted for FG yet, and won't be for at least 6 months, which is what Talyn was referring to.

@bmanula Welcome to the FG forums!

There's further discussion regarding the content of the Core Rules, and whether you can get along without it, here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Pathfinder-2E
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 6th, 2019 at 14:59.

So, playing around with attack rolls in the system, I noticed that it is set that rolling a 20 is a critical and rolling a 1 is an automatic miss. You might already have plans for this and know about it, but just in case I wanted to point out that in PF2E, a roll of 20 or a roll of 1 just raises or lowers the success by a step and isn't necessarily a critical hit or critical failure.

20 can still miss the target or be merely a regular success rather than a crit depending on where the roll result is compared to their AC, while a 1 could actually still be a hit if say you rolled 10 over their AC, but it just turns the critical you would have gotten into a regular success.

Pg. 445 in the CRB, under Determine the degree of success and effect if you need to look it up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDraco View Post
    So, playing around with attack rolls in the system, I noticed that it is set that rolling a 20 is a critical and rolling a 1 is an automatic miss. You might already have plans for this and know about it, but just in case I wanted to point out that in PF2E, a roll of 20 or a roll of 1 just raises or lowers the success by a step and isn't necessarily a critical hit or critical failure.

20 can still miss the target or be merely a regular success rather than a crit depending on where the roll result is compared to their AC, while a 1 could actually still be a hit if say you rolled 10 over their AC, but it just turns the critical you would have gotten into a regular success.

Pg. 445 in the CRB, under Determine the degree of success and effect if you need to look it up at all.
    Thanks for reminding me, I had that in the back of my mind. Logged as RS2.024.

Thread Information