DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 36 of 89 First ... 2634353637384686 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Curaidh View Post
    Weakness is not applied correctly on a critical hit.
    See Core Rulebook Page 450 under Damage and Core Rulebook page 451 under Doubling and Halving Damage. I'll put the important parts here:

Page 450, Damage:
    1. Roll the dice indicated by the weapon, unarmed attack, or spell, and apply the modifiers, bonuses, and penalties that apply to the result of the roll.
    2. Determine the damage type.
    3. Apply the target’s immunities, weaknesses, and resistances to the damage.
    4. If any damage remains, reduce the target’s Hit Points by that amount.

Page 451, Double and Halving Damage (subsection of Step 1)
    Sometimes you’ll need to halve or double an amount of damage, such as when the outcome of your Strike is a critical hit, or when you succeed at a basic Reflex save against a spell. When this happens, you roll the damage normally, adding all the normal modifiers, bonuses, and penalties. Then you double or halve the amount as appropriate (rounding down if you halved it).

This means the doubling of damage is only valid to Step 1 in applying damage.

Current Effect in FG: Weakness is applied TWICE on a critical hit.
    Expected outcome: Weakness is applied exactly ONCE on a critical hit.

The same applies to Resistances:
    Currently: Applied TWICE
    Expected: Applied ONCE

WEAK and RESIST effects need to be done at a different point in the calculation.
    Thanks again for reporting this Curaidh.

I've revisited this issue now that I've had implemented the main conditions and effects. I have a fix for both the Weakness and Resistance doubling issue reported here and elsewhere. This will be in Release 11 - hopefully out on Tuesday this week.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The parsing effect issue is caused by the Troll in the SRD Bestiary having a missing "r" in the HP Abilities line. It's currently set as: "regeneration 20 (deactivated by acid or fie)" can you spot the issue?

If I correct this issue (add the "r"), and add the troll to the Combat Tracker it parses out the effect line as: REGEN: 20 acid or fire; WEAK: 10 fire

Good spot on the effects after the REGEN getting ignored. Logged as RS2.074 and fixed in the next release.
    -cough- "R"s ae oveated. The wold is a bette place without thei constant need fo use. Powe to the people!
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

In the last Release Update for 26th November it appears: [Fixed] RS2.073 Minimum damage does 1 nonlethal

What does this mean exactly? I may be wrong, but in Pathfinder 2e there is no such nonlethal damage, only nonlethal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepor View Post
    In the last Release Update for 26th November it appears: [Fixed] RS2.073 Minimum damage does 1 nonlethal

What does this mean exactly? I may be wrong, but in Pathfinder 2e there is no such nonlethal damage, only nonlethal attacks.
    Issues listed with an issue number include a description of what the issue is. In this case, the issue was the the ruleset was assigning minimum damage as 1 nonlethal. Which, as you say, is not correct - hence why it was logged as an issue. This issue has now been fixed - indicated by the [FIXED] label.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah, ok, I misunderstood the explanation. Thanks! Nice work! I love the way HIDDEN rolls a flat-check.

I had a case where heavy armor only applied a -5 move penalty (should be -10) to the character sheet, but when I checked the stats of the heavy armor it had the correct -10 move penalty. Not sure what could have messed up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty0x0 View Post
    I had a case where heavy armor only applied a -5 move penalty (should be -10) to the character sheet, but when I checked the stats of the heavy armor it had the correct -10 move penalty. Not sure what could have messed up there.
    If you meet the minimum strength for the armor the speed penalty is reduced by -5. See page 274 of the core rules.

When adding damage to a spell - there is no way currently to add spellcasting ability modifier to that damage. I can set that via stat+bonus manually - but it would be nice to have the spellcasting mod as an option.

Same when looking at a monster - which can be automatically parsed as the DC-10 for any spells listed (as they don't explicitly call out proficiency or casting stat).

Quote Originally Posted by Ckorik View Post
    When adding damage to a spell - there is no way currently to add spellcasting ability modifier to that damage.
    Use the "Mult x Stat(max)" button cycler to set the ability to add a multiple of that abilities modifier to the damage action. This is how you add the spellcasting ability modifier to a damage action. If that's not what you're referring to, please give more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckorik View Post
    Same when looking at a monster - which can be automatically parsed as the DC-10 for any spells listed (as they don't explicitly call out proficiency or casting stat).
    Not sure what you're referring to here - can you expand on this please?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Use the "Mult x Stat(max)" button cycler to set the ability to add a multiple of that abilities modifier to the damage action. This is how you add the spellcasting ability modifier to a damage action. If that's not what you're referring to, please give more info.
    Yeah - forget I said that - I'm apparently having a bad night and misread something horribly. I'm going to take the better part of valor and go get some sleep

Thread Information