FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 35 of 89 First ... 2533343536374585 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    Okay, I'm getting it figured out. I just label someone Hunt Prey, and my party's ranger can click it every round to have it 1d8 precision on his first damage, then just click it again the following round. And if he switches targets, the 1d8 won't go off, because that target isn't labeled Hunt Prey.
    Correct.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Can you modify a weapon in someone's inventory to have a +1 potency and a striking rune and get it to update correctly? My PCs will have a weapon already, then transfer a rune to it, and then it seems like even though we're using the bonus/property fields correctly the weapons will not update like they should.

Quote Originally Posted by GMChair View Post
    Can you modify a weapon in someone's inventory to have a +1 potency and a striking rune and get it to update correctly? My PCs will have a weapon already, then transfer a rune to it, and then it seems like even though we're using the bonus/property fields correctly the weapons will not update like they should.
    Welcome to the FG forums.

striking rune properties are only automatically read when the weapon is first added to the PC. After that, the player will need to adjust the weapon entry in the actions tab as needed. For adding a striking rune, for example, open the damage details window and drag another dice of the same type to the damage dice field.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums.

striking rune properties are only automatically read when the weapon is first added to the PC. After that, the player will need to adjust the weapon entry in the actions tab as needed. For adding a striking rune, for example, open the damage details window and drag another dice of the same type to the damage dice field.
    This works quite well.

The other option is to update the weapon outside of the character sheet (say by putting it into the Party Sheet Parcel Items) then re-adding it to the character's inventory. You'd have to go through and make sure things like proficiency is accurate thereafter, but it is a way to update a weapon at it's core, then use that update to populate the Actions Tab Weapons fields.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

So in working on the Ranger Features, Feats, and Abilities automation, I came across a problem with Hazards/Traps as it relates to IFT and TYPE statements. Because traits on Hazards/Traps are listed in one continuous stream (e.g. Electric Latch Rune has the Traits: Electricity Evocation Magical Trap), the TYPE qualifier isn't working. I am guessing this means it would fail to trigger correctly for Evocation, Magical, etc.

I think for this to work correctly, they need to parse out with the comma (,) delimiter ensure it works like it does for checking traits on Creatures from the Bestiary or the TYPE search needs to work on whole-word matches regardless of delimiters.

In checking this, it appears to be a problem with Characters, too. A character who has the Dwarf Humanoid traits designation won't return a true condition against an IFT: TYPE (dwarf) statement. However, if I were to change that character's traits to Dwarf, Humanoid, it would then return true when looking for a Dwarf Type.
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

So Milke, over in Drag n Drop, discovered something about REGEN that I tested out.

Troll's normal HP line isn't parsing out correctly when added to the CT. regeneration 20 (deactivated by acid or fire) is turning into REGEN: 20 acid or; which doesn't trigger correctly to acid damage (much less fire). If this gets fixed to do REGEN: 20 acid or fire; it'll work fine.

Except...

The actual effects line looks like REGEN: 20 acid or fire; WEAK: 10 fire (with me fixing the fire part). Here's the issue. When someone does Acid or Fire damage to the target, it turns off the entire EFFECT line ... this means that having it parsed out to the CT with WEAK: 10 fire on the same line as REGEN will turn off WEAK:10 fire when it turns off (skips) a turn of regen.

Probably the easiest solution is to simply have REGEN (especially if it has a deactivation component) on a different line to any other possible effects (Immunities, Resists, etc etc) to avoid this.

Ohhhh. I see.
    So, for now, would it be best for me to just go manually change the entries to 1) REGEN: 20 acid or fire 2) WEAK: 10 fire on separate lines?
    I can see how that'd be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    Ohhhh. I see.
    So, for now, would it be best for me to just go manually change the entries to 1) REGEN: 20 acid or fire 2) WEAK: 10 fire on separate lines?
    I can see how that'd be a problem.
    yep, that'll fix it until Tren patches that problem out in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    So Milke, over in Drag n Drop, discovered something about REGEN that I tested out.

Troll's normal HP line isn't parsing out correctly when added to the CT. regeneration 20 (deactivated by acid or fire) is turning into REGEN: 20 acid or; which doesn't trigger correctly to acid damage (much less fire). If this gets fixed to do REGEN: 20 acid or fire; it'll work fine.

Except...

The actual effects line looks like REGEN: 20 acid or fire; WEAK: 10 fire (with me fixing the fire part). Here's the issue. When someone does Acid or Fire damage to the target, it turns off the entire EFFECT line ... this means that having it parsed out to the CT with WEAK: 10 fire on the same line as REGEN will turn off WEAK:10 fire when it turns off (skips) a turn of regen.

Probably the easiest solution is to simply have REGEN (especially if it has a deactivation component) on a different line to any other possible effects (Immunities, Resists, etc etc) to avoid this.
    The parsing effect issue is caused by the Troll in the SRD Bestiary having a missing "r" in the HP Abilities line. It's currently set as: "regeneration 20 (deactivated by acid or fie)" can you spot the issue?

If I correct this issue (add the "r"), and add the troll to the Combat Tracker it parses out the effect line as: REGEN: 20 acid or fire; WEAK: 10 fire

Good spot on the effects after the REGEN getting ignored. Logged as RS2.074 and fixed in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    I think for consistency, it would be nice if the condition CONC also worked as Concealed. It just seems a little odd that while all other conditions (e.g. Confused, Fascinated, Hidden, Stupefied, Undetected) are all labeled in obvious forms, full words, that concealed is given an abbreviated version that's not automatically obvious as to its use.
    "Concealed" added to release 11.

Thread Information