DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 33 of 89 First ... 2331323334354383 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersandrew View Post
    This is not quite true. A 20 improves the degree of success by one step. If you need a 19 to hit at all, a 20 is still a critical even though you have only beaten the DC by 1. If on the other hand you need a 21 to hit, a 20 changes the miss into a hit.

A 1 does the opposite thing, it makes your degree of success one worse.
    I understand the degrees of success I was trying to explain that the roll might not have been within the parameters of what the program considers a critical. Seems it was an extension that was causing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Make sure your 10+ above the DC otherwise it's just a success.
    That really doesn't sound like you understand how degrees of success work. You do not need to make sure your (sic) 10+ above the DC.

If a 20 is enough to hit, then it's a critical hit.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Gone are the days of a natural 20 always being a crit.
    This is true, but doesn't tell the whole story. A 20 improves your success level. If you needed to roll 11–20 to hit, then a 20 on the die is a critical hit.

Only if you needed to roll a 21–29 on your d20 to hit is a 20 a normal hit.
    Last edited by Ampersandrew; November 18th, 2019 at 13:15.

My party is fighting a Greater Barghest, and it has resistance to physical 10(except Magic). It is not counting there +1 weapons as magical to ignore the resist 10. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to fig this. if it helps it is Ralldar 5.05.04. d3 Goblin-god's throne.

Quote Originally Posted by thyrax View Post
    My party is fighting a Greater Barghest, and it has resistance to physical 10(except Magic). It is not counting there +1 weapons as magical to ignore the resist 10. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to fig this. if it helps it is Ralldar 5.05.04. d3 Goblin-god's throne.
    Make sure the weapon damage entry used has the magic damage type. Also ensure it's identified on the PC sheet.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 18th, 2019 at 16:10.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

magic or magical, seen it both ways

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Both of the examples you give (Daze and Electric Arc) can be completely handled in the FG action interface now - the saving throw action and then a damage action.
    I guess I was asking whether spells like those would eventually have the damage action automatically included because those spells did not have a damage action. For now, I did add the damage action as you pointed out.
    Last edited by Swifty0x0; November 18th, 2019 at 17:12.

The problem is that magic and magical are used interchangeably throughout various PF2 monsters. But FG resistances etc. need to have a specific damage type - with magic and magical being two different damage types when it comes to matching damage entries for effects.

FG will auto add "magical" to the damage of a weapon entry in the actions tab which has a bonus above 0 when it's added to the PC's inventory. But this means that it will only match against resistances that have "magical" not "magic".

I'll need to investigate further and see if there's a reliable way to cover both of these. In the meantime, I'd recommend the GM seeing what damage type is parsed out for the creature's effects (probably "magic") and use that damage type for the magic weapon damage.

Note - the ruleset doesn't cater for something like Resistances physical 7 (except magical silver) - as it's not programmed to have full boolean exceptions across multiple exceptions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty0x0 View Post
    I guess I was asking whether spells like those would eventually have the damage action automatically included (future feature). For now, I did add the damage action as you pointed out.
    FG tries to parse out the action entries based off the text in the spell. The spell record doesn't have these hard coded. I hope to improve this parsing over time, but it will never be 100% accurate as Paizo don't use the same terms across spell descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty0x0 View Post
    I guess I was asking whether spells like those would eventually have the damage action automatically included because those spells did not have a damage action. For now, I did add the damage action as you pointed out.
    Swifty: I would like to point out that my Drag-n-Drop module includes Spells, Focus Spells, Rituals (as well as a myriad of other automated features) that will give you damage and effects for just about everything (similar to how my SR Bestiary gives that to creatures on the Spells Tab). It can be found here:

SR Drag and Drop Spell + Module

Beyond mine, Alex Craft also did an outstanding job in giving people an all inclusive Spell Effect module that can be found here:

Alex's Spell Effect Module

If you want to save some time updating your own spells, these will give you spells that can be dropped on a character's sheet (just like the core ones) once you put the .mod file in the modules directory and open the appropriate file in the library within the game.

Enjoy!
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Is there a user guide/instruction manual for PF2 on FG? I've seen some videos, but for some things I just rather read a document.

Thread Information