FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 32 of 89 First ... 2230313233344282 ... Last
    And now I see this has been reported already, I was just looking at the wrong issue tracker sheet... oops.

About Reactions: I am guessing this might be a legacy process, so it's functionality really isn't there, but there's a couple of things on this I wanted to add to the Down-the-Road List.

For starters, for creatures and players alike, the "Reaction" check-box on the CT doesn't reset at the start of a turn. I am not sure how many people use this, but as it's there, it might be nice to have it reset at the start of each actor's turn if it is checked.

So in working on the Fighter supplement in the Drag-n-Drop module, I am seeing many more options to increase the size of the Reaction pool. They are specific to certain abilities, so an extra AoO or Shield Block per round for example, but it does mean that having some function to keep track of what's been used will eventually be a boon. I know that in complicated or long combat, my players often struggle to remember which powers have been used for that round.

A crude way to do this is to simple set up a Reaction Spell Tab and let players click and unclick from round to round as reminders, but that's pretty clumsy. Another option is to set up an Effect that has a 1-round duration, so it might look like EFFECT: [SELF] Quick Shield Block (Used) that lasts 1 round. Problem there, it lasts to the start of the round for the triggering enemy's turn. Would need to manually remove the EFFECT each turn.

How have people been handling this (or maybe few, if any, have had to worry about it yet)? Simple old-fashioned memory or note jotting? A better FG technique than I have thought of?

Trenloe: Is some sort of automated approach to at least tracking Reactions use per round been given? Can the check-marked circle be fixed easily? Can it be expanded for additional uses? (Is that part of the CORE?)
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I haven't really used the reaction check box simply because it's something I have to uncheck. But I really like your suggestions as well as the extra reaction check box.

I noticed in your future features list a plan for spells that attack versus a DC (not AC as attack spells do). Would that be for automating damage for cases such as the DAZE spell which targets a creature and does mental damage (but spell is not tagged with the attack trait), or ELECTRIC ARC which targets 1 or 2 creatures and does damage (but again is not tagged with the attack trait)?

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty0x0 View Post
    I noticed in your future features list a plan for spells that attack versus a DC (not AC as attack spells do). Would that be for automating damage for cases such as the DAZE spell which targets a creature and does mental damage (but spell is not tagged with the attack trait), or ELECTRIC ARC which targets 1 or 2 creatures and does damage (but again is not tagged with the attack trait)?
    Both of the examples you give (Daze and Electric Arc) can be completely handled in the FG action interface now - the saving throw action and then a damage action.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

For Full Plate (or any armor that would have a Dex Cap of +0), it sees the empty (0) field as meaning there's no DEX Cap... so Full Plate is getting the AC bonus plus any applicable DEX bonus.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

It seems for the last few weeks Critical Hits have been doing nothing at all. If you click the Critical Modifier you can get the "Roll all dice" version, but just rolling a crit no longer launches the crit dice on its own like it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by DMReckless View Post
    It seems for the last few weeks Critical Hits have been doing nothing at all. If you click the Critical Modifier you can get the "Roll all dice" version, but just rolling a crit no longer launches the crit dice on its own like it used to.
    Mine work fine on a critical success. Make sure your 10+ above the DC otherwise it's just a success. Gone are the days of a natural 20 always being a crit. Not sure if that's your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Mine work fine on a critical success. Make sure your 10+ above the DC otherwise it's just a success. Gone are the days of a natural 20 always being a crit. Not sure if that's your issue.
    This is not quite true. A 20 improves the degree of success by one step. If you need a 19 to hit at all, a 20 is still a critical even though you have only beaten the DC by 1. If on the other hand you need a 21 to hit, a 20 changes the miss into a hit.

A 1 does the opposite thing, it makes your degree of success one worse.

All that's true, but when I score a critical hit in combat against a target, it used to apply the effects of a critical automatically, and it no longer does.

EDIT: as usual, it was an extension causing the problem. Apparently, the multiattack in combat tracker ext bugs crits
    Last edited by DMReckless; November 17th, 2019 at 21:40.

Thread Information