Page 3 of 29 First 1234513 ... Last
  1. #21
    Migh've gone unnoticed but the action symbols stopped showing on the spell right side as it used to on the Playtest (because it turns the [[A]] on the actual symbol which is really great, but it stops showing on the actual spell).
    A workaround for this has been to just copy and add the Symbol to the name of the Spell.

    I also have a question: I've noticed that the Actions are largely unused. I remember having a module by ShadeRaven to add all the actions, but I thought that once I had the official module I'd have them. The real question is: Are they ever going be used for anything, or is it something that will be phased out with updates? I'm curious because I plan on adding the actions myself, but I don't want to see my work wasted either because the Actions got removed or because they got added officially. Also, right now I might be misusing it but I can't actually add Actions to the Action tab (sounds silly, right)? So what's the plan for them? Right now I'm creating most of the class actions as Spells as a Workaround.

  2. #22
    Trenloe, thank you. I purchased the CRB here at FG.

    I am also looking forward to the Beastiary when it is available. What is the difference between the update and owning the CRB?

  3. #23
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    23,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Migh've gone unnoticed but the action symbols stopped showing on the spell right side as it used to on the Playtest (because it turns the [[A]] on the actual symbol which is really great, but it stops showing on the actual spell).
    A workaround for this has been to just copy and add the Symbol to the name of the Spell.
    It'll be in the next version - see this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post447179

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    I also have a question: I've noticed that the Actions are largely unused. I remember having a module by ShadeRaven to add all the actions, but I thought that once I had the official module I'd have them. The real question is: Are they ever going be used for anything, or is it something that will be phased out with updates? I'm curious because I plan on adding the actions myself, but I don't want to see my work wasted either because the Actions got removed or because they got added officially. Also, right now I might be misusing it but I can't actually add Actions to the Action tab (sounds silly, right)? So what's the plan for them? Right now I'm creating most of the class actions as Spells as a Workaround.
    At present they are unused, but I do have plans for them. See the last bullet point (currently) of the planned features in post #3.

    I wouldn't recommend doing much/any data entry into them at present as the data format and functionality will more than likely change in the future.

    At present all the "actions" are used for is as a information only entry, that you can drag/drop to a formatted text field. I may remove them temporarily so that people don't spend any time entering data that might be wasted later on...

    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  4. #24
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    23,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    What is the difference between the update and owning the CRB?
    I don't understand the question.

    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  5. #25
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    23,649
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Looking at the CRB it says that Sorcerers get 1 Focus Point unless they pick a class feat that grants more. Looking in fantasy grounds it calculates the Focus using Charisma mod. Is this a bug or did I miss something in the book?
    This is a bug. Thanks for reporting. Logged as issue CR2.017.

    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  6. #26
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    23,649
    I've worked through fixing a few issues over the weekend. See if the Google sheet linked in post #2 for fixes. These should go out with the usual product on Tuesday.

    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  7. #27
    Just ran a bit of "The Fall of Plaguestone" found a couple of things.

    Suggested Improvements

    Monsters need the same per attack penalty buttons that the players do on their character sheets.

    The backgrounds from "The Fall of Plaguestone" module do not apply to character sheets the way they do as the backgrounds from the core rulebook.

    Awesome job getting this out as early as you did! Great work!

  8. #28
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    23,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Headhuntergaming View Post
    Monsters need the same per attack penalty buttons that the players do on their character sheets.
    For NPC multi-attack penalties use the modifier window:

    Attached Images Attached Images

    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  9. #29
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    23,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Headhuntergaming View Post
    Awesome job getting this out as early as you did! Great work!
    Thanks! Lots still to do, but we're getting there.

    Please keep the feedback coming!

    Thanks.

    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Headhuntergaming View Post
    Just ran a bit of "The Fall of Plaguestone" found a couple of things.
    ...
    The backgrounds from "The Fall of Plaguestone" module do not apply to character sheets the way they do as the backgrounds from the core rulebook.
    ...
    Thank you for letting us know. I have fixed the issue with the backgrounds. You should see the fix within the next few days.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

    Timezone: US Pacific Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. UltimateGM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in