FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 21 of 89 First ... 1119202122233171 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    Could the RESIST: 10 all, !magical be replaced with a RESIST: 5 all, !magical and have it add with the other resist 5 all? In other words, are they additive or does the system try to pick the most appropriate?
    The ruleset *should* pick the highest appropriate resistance, but it's currently not doing that correctly (a bug I need to fix).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I wasn't able to get the Clumsy condition to work. I tried all four combinations of cased/all lower, and with/without colon and I wasn't seeing anything in the chat window when rolling Stealth, Trickery, or just a raw Dex check from the front page.

Also, as I was trying to confirm all this, it seemed like ranged weapons on the actions tab were always using STR for the attack bonus regardless of whether I had "Base", "STR" or "DEX" selected as the applicable attribute.

If it doesn't repro for you, I can try it again tonight when I get home.

I didn't see anything like either of these two in the spreadsheet.

EDIT: woops, the clumsy part is being tracked, 2.013
    Last edited by darrenan; September 4th, 2019 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I wasn't able to get the Clumsy condition to work. I tried all four combinations of cased/all lower, and with/without colon and I wasn't seeing anything in the chat window when rolling Stealth, Trickery, or just a raw Dex check from the front page.
    Clumsy hasn't been coded yet. See RS2.013.

Also, as I was trying to confirm all this, it seemed like ranged weapons on the actions tab were always using STR for the attack bonus regardless of whether I had "Base", "STR" or "DEX" selected as the applicable attribute.
    I can't recreate this when dragging weapons to the inventory page, which auto creates weapon entries on the actions page. I did notice that when adding a dagger the melee entry (a melee and ranged entry is created for dagger) was using the dexterity modifier, even when the strength modifier was higher - but this is probably to do with the finesse trait, which I'll investigate. Finesse trait issue logged as RS2.049.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Pretty sure I just created a new weapon directly in the actions tab. But again, I will try to get a solid repro tonight.

Pretty sure I just created a new weapon directly in the actions tab.
    I tried that too. Let me know what you find for a reproduction. Thanks.

I know Clumsy is being tracked, but is there a good workaround for now? I can apply AC: -1, but DEX: -1 doesn't work, otherwise I'd just use that until the effect works properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmvii7 View Post
    I know Clumsy is being tracked, but is there a good workaround for now? I can apply AC: -1, but DEX: -1 doesn't work, otherwise I'd just use that until the effect works properly.
    Currently the direct ability modifier effects are based off the PFRPG effects of temporarily modifying the base ability score - and this only made a difference if it was in steps of 2 (Pathfinder 1 rules). I haven't decided whether to change the ability effect to directly change an ability modifier (e.g. DEX: -1 will be an untyped penalty to Dexterity based checks) or to keep it modifying the base ability score (if there's anything in PF2 that actually does that) and add a new effect that directly changes the ability modifier only. This is all part of the ongoing review of effects and conditions.

As it is at present, you can simulate an untyped penalty by doubling the penalty value (effectively reducing the ability stat by 2 for each penalty point). So, currently, to give a -1 untyped penalty to Dex, use DEX: -2 weird, I know but there is logic behind it based on the PF1 legacy code.

Thanks for that. Just using DEX: -2 is working fine for a clumsy workaround right now.

Another question, this one has me stumped.

If I have my rogue deal 1d6+1 piercing damage to a skeleton guard who has resist 5 piercing, it works fine. If I roll a 6+1 for 7, it'll resist 5 and take 2.

However, if I drag my sneak attack effect onto the rogue, which is set up with DMG: 1d6 precision then it seems to break.

If I roll 6 (weapon) 3 (sneak attack) +1 = 10, it says the skeleton resisted all of it. I can't seem to figure out why that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmvii7 View Post
    Another question, this one has me stumped.

If I have my rogue deal 1d6+1 piercing damage to a skeleton guard who has resist 5 piercing, it works fine. If I roll a 6+1 for 7, it'll resist 5 and take 2.

However, if I drag my sneak attack effect onto the rogue, which is set up with DMG: 1d6 precision then it seems to break.

If I roll 6 (weapon) 3 (sneak attack) +1 = 10, it says the skeleton resisted all of it. I can't seem to figure out why that is.
    This is an ongoing issue - see RS1.046 in the issues list.

Gotcha, thanks! Just FYI, it's not just applying resistance separately. It's actually only applying the resistance to the most recent one it sees I think.

In my example, I dealt 7 piercing and 3 piercing/precision damage, and a skeleton with 5 resist pierce took 0 damage. If it was applying to each it'd have dealt 2, then 0. But it just dealt 0.

Thread Information