FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 13 of 89 First ... 311121314152363 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    REQUEST: If it's not already on the list.. and I know the list is enormous... so try to take this only as a wish-list item... I'd love to have an EFFECT/TAG that works with the more generic boosts to CHECKs. There are a number of powers, etc., that simply say "+1 status bonus to all checks" (or something similar). Aesthetically and even for ease of use since remembering all the checks isn't always easy or straight forward, it would be nice to have.... but certainly not critical.
    I can only see one focus spell (searching the core rules for "bonus to all"), but this is a good idea. Logged as RS2.038.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I can only see one focus spell (searching the core rules for "bonus to all"), but this is a good idea. Logged as RS2.038.
    Thanks.

There are creature abilities that do it... as I just finished Creature 10s, having come across another one, it was a reminder. I am not entirely how common (or rare in this case) they are in the CRB.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Is there a way to add the action icons through hotkey?

Quote Originally Posted by Ckorik View Post
    Is there a way to add the action icons through hotkey?
    Not through a hotkey.

But there are a few different keywords that the ruleset looks for - see this post (and a few following): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post448487
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Not through a hotkey.

But there are a few different keywords that the ruleset looks for - see this post (and a few following): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post448487
    Ahhh - those tricks do not work to setup your own actions or spells - I put [[A]] Rage in the spell name and it doesn't do anything. This is really not a critical issue - but a 'would be nice' type of thing.

I put [[A]] Rage in the spell name and it doesn't do anything.
    They should work. You don't put the action in the name, you put it in the "Casting" field - exactly where the action icon appears in the spell entries in the core rulebook. Then lock/unlock or close/open the spell and the [[A]] will be replaced with the icon. Open spells from the Core Rules module and you'll see where the icons appear.

They should work. You don't put the action in the name, you put it in the "Casting" field - exactly where the action icon appears in the spell entries in the core rulebook. Then lock/unlock or close/open the spell and the [[A]] will be replaced with the icon. Open spells from the Core Rules module and you'll see where the icons appear.
    HA! Ok that did work thank you - I just had to know the right place to put the darn thing.

HA! Ok that did work thank you - I just had to know the right place to put the darn thing.
    Yeah, not every field does it - but I've tried to make sense with which fields have it. In the future I may have a little icon, or maybe just a * next to a field name if it supports icon replacement.

You can always use ALT-codes (hold down alt, type the code on the keypad - it has to be a keypad, and then release ALT) and the character will be added, even in fields that don't do the character conversion (and that use the standard font). Unfortunately, in order to not remove any other normally used characters, I've had to use the following codes - so they're not easy to remember:

1. 0129 - Free action
    2. 0141 - One action
    3. 0143 - 2 actions
    4. 0144 - three actions
    5. 0157 - reaction

You must use all four digits (include the preceding 0).
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 14th, 2019 at 00:24.

Yeah, not every field does it - but I've tried to make sense with which fields have it. In the future I may have a little icon, or maybe just a * next to a field name if it supports icon replacement.

You can always use ALT-codes (hold down alt, type the code on the keypad - it has to be a keypad, and then release ALT) and the character will be added, even in fields that don't do the character conversion (and that use the standard font). Unfortunately, in order to not remove any other normally used characters, I've had to use the following codes - so they're not easy to remember:

1. 0129 - Free action
    2. 0141 - One action
    3. 0143 - 2 actions
    4. 0144 - three actions
    5. 0157 - reaction

You must use all for digits (include the preceding 0).
    See, now I'm wondering who uses #0142 lower case l with a stroke, but doesn't need #0141 Upper case L with a stroke.

I'm asking because it seems that 0141 - 1 Action; 0142 - 2 actions; & 0143 - 3 actions would have been slightly more mnemonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersandrew View Post
    See, now I'm wondering who uses #0142 lower case l with a stroke, but doesn't need #0141 Upper case L with a stroke.

I'm asking because it seems that 0141 - 1 Action; 0142 - 2 actions; & 0143 - 3 actions would have been slightly more mnemonic.
    That's not the same code table that FG uses.

For what FG uses, see the "Extended ACII code" table here: https://www.ascii-code.com/ W're using pretty much the 5 codes that aren't assigned.

I know it's not easy to remember - hence why the ruleset will convert more memorable action text into the code (for appropriate fields).

Thread Information