STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... Last

Pathfinder Second Edition - PFRPG2 Ruleset - Status, issues and ongoing development

The new PFRPG2 ruleset is now live and available to all FG users at no extra cost - do an update and you should download a new PFRPG2.pak file. There are no OGL/SRD modules available at present, and won't be for at least 6 months - but the Core Rules module is available in the store: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...ZOSMWPZO2101FG

This ruleset is quite automation light at this stage. We had to limit our initial release ambitions in order to ensure we got this and the core rulebook available to use by August 1st.

Rest assured that the ruleset will get regular updates - both for base features and new functionality.

Please report any issues with the ruleset in this thread. Thanks!
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 1st, 2019 at 05:24.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm tracking issues with the ruleset here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

And the Core Rules DLC here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing (read only access).

We'll aim to get this fixes and updates done over the coming weeks.

Thanks everyone for bearing with us as we fine tune this huge product.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 25th, 2019 at 03:44.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Future features:
    • More parsing/automation of drag/drop character creation. New functionality in R18, other functionality ongoing.
    • Better tracking of options already selected. New functionality in R18, other functionality ongoing.
    • Better tracking of options to manually add/select. New functionality in R18, other functionality ongoing.
    • Semi-automation of dying/wounded conditions and death. At present these two conditions are tracked manually in the two fields in the Hit Points section of the main tab of the PC sheet.
    • A way of tracking skill proficiency training/number of skills to select.
    • Alchemical weapons (bombs) add to the PC weapons section when added to the inventory.
    • Encounter XP and Threat calculations.
    • Option to select skill for initiative.
    • Spell attacks vs. DCs other than AC. Currently available for NPCs, to be added to PCs in R19.
    • Spells will be moved from the actions tab to their own tab (this should be automatic as part of the ruleset upgrade, when it occurs). The actions tab will have sections added for other actions (skill actions, feat actions, etc.). Target - R19.

Already implemented:
    • Hero Points tracking - release 6.
    • Update item data lists to include level (similar to the feats list) and add level filters.
    • Pop-up window to offer key character creation options - for example: ancestry heritage, wizards arcane school and thesis, cleric doctrine, barbarian instinct, sorcerer bloodline, etc.. Currently all options are added to the PC sheet and the chargen tracker mentions to review and remove those options not selected - it's a bit messy at present, and will be changed in a future release for cleaner option selection. A lot of these have been added already, others are ongoing.
    • Improved parsing of spell effects and save entries - R18.
    • Parsing of NPC/Hazard actions beyond melee/ranged entries - R17 and 18.
    • Better tracking of non-skill proficiencies (weapons) - R18. Defense proficiency implemented in release 12.
    • Updates to action and effect targeting options - e.g. TOFM (Target only for me - effect targeting with once click).
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 28th, 2021 at 13:56.

Issues
    When adding any weapon to a character's inventory the following console window error is generated.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:531: attempt to index global 'sPropsLower' (a nil value)

I am using no extensions and it is a fresh campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Issues
    When adding any weapon to a character's inventory the following console window error is generated.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:531: attempt to index global 'sPropsLower' (a nil value)

I am using no extensions and it is a fresh campaign.
    Please do an update, the PFRPG2 ruleset update was delayed a little tonight. You’ll know you've got the old ruleset if you see the TAC field on the main or combat tab of the character sheet. The new ruleset is live now, so please do an update...

Update fixed it!
    I was posting as you did.
    Last edited by madman; August 1st, 2019 at 07:11.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    As above and it does not add weapons to the Actions tab..
    Please see my post immediately above yours.

Great, im looking forward to those updates, some of my players brought up that when you add ancestry to the character sheet, it populates all the heritages at the same time. Knowing paizo, the number och heritages will increase fairly rapidly and it will have a severe effect on character creation in the FG system.

Welcome to the FG forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac107 View Post
    Great, im looking forward to those updates, some of my players brought up that when you add ancestry to the character sheet, it populates all the heritages at the same time. Knowing paizo, the number och heritages will increase fairly rapidly and it will have a severe effect on character creation in the FG system.
    Yep, that 's in the works - see the "Pop-up window to offer key character creation options..." future feature in post #3.

Nice, looking forward to it. Good job.

Thread Information