STAR TREK 2d20
Page 34 of 89 First ... 2432333435364484 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeKraken View Post
    Is there a user guide/instruction manual for PF2 on FG? I've seen some videos, but for some things I just rather read a document.
    A lot of standard FG functionality will apply to PFRPG2 - for this you can use the User Guide: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...UserManual.pdf Which contains the contents of the Wiki User Guide.

For PFRPG2 specific things, the User Guide is still under development. See the PFRPG2 section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...hp/User_Guides
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    For Full Plate (or any armor that would have a Dex Cap of +0), it sees the empty (0) field as meaning there's no DEX Cap... so Full Plate is getting the AC bonus plus any applicable DEX bonus.
    Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.071.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

For Armor with the Flexible Trait, characters who are getting the skill check penalty for not hitting the Strength threshold are getting the Skill Check Penalty to Acrobatics and Athletics checks like other non-flexible armor. Those two skills should get no check penalty due to armor if it's traited Flexible.

CRB, pg 279
    Flexible: The armor is flexible enough that it doesn’t hinder most actions. You don’t apply its check penalty to Acrobatics or Athletics checks.
    Thanks for reporting. Logged as RS2.072.

Slight Oddity: This might be a CORE thing, but I'll post here because I have only tested it out within PF2 ruleset.

So I was toying around with IFT for "marked" targets (specifically Hunt Prey for Rangers). I'd set a designation EFFECT on a target (Hunt Prey) and then set up an EFFECT on the character sheet that would check for the Custom Condition on the target.

So it looks something like this:
    Flurry (second attack); IFT: CUSTOM (Hunt Prey); ATK: +2

A simple check to see if the target has been tagged (effect added) as Hunt Prey, if so, give the acting character a +2 attack bonus.

It works but, oddly, it doesn't show it in the chat box directly.

The end result is correct (an attack roll of 20), but the reporting of the attack made it look like it was an 18 (had to look closely at the line below to see it applied the +2). This doesn't happen when the ATK bonus is added without IFT.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Slight Oddity: This might be a CORE thing, but I'll post here because I have only tested it out within PF2 ruleset.

So I was toying around with IFT for "marked" targets (specifically Hunt Prey for Rangers). I'd set a designation EFFECT on a target (Hunt Prey) and then set up an EFFECT on the character sheet that would check for the Custom Condition on the target.

So it looks something like this:
    Flurry (second attack); IFT: CUSTOM (Hunt Prey); ATK: +2

A simple check to see if the target has been tagged (effect added) as Hunt Prey, if so, give the acting character a +2 attack bonus.

It works but, oddly, it doesn't show it in the chat box directly.

The end result is correct (an attack roll of 20), but the reporting of the attack made it look like it was an 18 (had to look closely at the line below to see it applied the +2). This doesn't happen when the ATK bonus is added without IFT.
    Yes, this is normal, also in 3.5e/PF1 and other rulesets Target-specific modifiers are applied only when the roll is applied to the target. First the roll is made, independent of the target, so no effects which depends on the target, and then it is applied to the target which then accounts target-specific effects into the calculation This is especially important when e.g. your attack is made against multiple targets which may or may not allow that effect (thus, applying the ATK: 2 effect to the roll would then result that all targets are affected by that such that you may have to subtract the bonus otherwise when there is a target without Hunter Prey But, in that way, how FG is handling this, this is no problem ) At least this is how I understood this

Ah! That makes sense! I hadn't thought of the multiple target angle!
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Hey, that's pretty good.
    On your CUSTOM thing, how do you do that tag to mark them Hunt Prey? My party's ranger does the precision damage, but I'd like to try this myself for future characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    Hey, that's pretty good.
    On your CUSTOM thing, how do you do that tag to mark them Hunt Prey? My party's ranger does the precision damage, but I'd like to try this myself for future characters.
    Milke: Head over to my (SR) Drag and Drop Actions, Powers, and Spells thread where I detail how I handle stuff like that. The link here will take you to where I have started to work on Rangers. I'll explain it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    You just apply an effect condition Hunt Prey to the target.

For full details of setting this up to be a button press on the actions tab of the PC see ShadeRaven's link above.

Okay, I'm getting it figured out. I just label someone Hunt Prey, and my party's ranger can click it every round to have it 1d8 precision on his first damage, then just click it again the following round. And if he switches targets, the 1d8 won't go off, because that target isn't labeled Hunt Prey.

Thread Information