5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Can you also test from another computer that is at the same location as you? Use the LAN/Internal IP and not Hamachi.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Longer shot but can you delete CoreRPG.pak and 5E.pak and re-run the updater?
    Probably not that as connecting as locahost is fine (post #6).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@Ascalon - fixing the losing connection issue is the priority.

But, one thing the player can do to start from a clean slate. If you have a test player who has the issue, as them to exit back to the FG launch screen, then go the "Join Game" and clikc the nuke button in the top right hand corner - then join your game. This clears their local cache of all previously downloaded data - it might just get them to a clean starting point.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    @Ascalon - fixing the losing connection issue is the priority.

But, one thing the player can do to start from a clean slate. If you have a test player who has the issue, as them to exit back to the FG launch screen, then go the "Join Game" and clikc the nuke button in the top right hand corner - then join your game. This clears their local cache of all previously downloaded data - it might just get them to a clean starting point.
    So we did everything we thought about. We used new settings for Hamachi, we cleaned every state, reinstalled Fantasy Grounds, cleared every cache, loaded empty campaigns. We tried with single users, all users. I even bought a better cable to connect my pc to the router (okay, I wanted to do that anyways).

Here's the deal: The connection is stable, no connections lost. But nothing that is saved on my computer is sent over to the players, for example:
    They can roll the dice and I can see it, but when I roll the dice, they don't.
    They can make new Chars, but they can't see the chars that are saved on my hard drive. And if they log out and reenter, they can't see the chars they created 5 minutes before.
    They can't load modules, can't see maps.

So it turns out that SOME players can just play normally and for others it seems that the connection is brutally slow.

Those all sound like folder permission problems on the player's end. Like it's not saving the player cache correctly.

So it looks like it's Hamachi's fault. We use ZeroTier now and it works fine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascalon View Post
    So it looks like it's Hamachi's fault. We use ZeroTier now and it works fine.
    Good work. Thanks for posting an update.

Thread Information