STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Players can't log in anymore

Hey,

we're using Hamachi to connect our group. I have an ultimate license, players have demo versions.

Last week, suddenly the conncetions failed. Players got a white screen instead of our custom background, no PCs are selectable, no messages can be read.

55a8e33b-915d-4cf8-9cde-9996beff1f2e.jpg

I see them connecting, but that's about it.

I have moved house the week before, but brought all my hardware with me, Hamachi and the ports are still the same. What can we do?

If you have moved house it is more than likely that various bits of your network has changed. Make sure your network is set to private rather than public and refresh all the rules you have for Antivirus for FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Hi Ascalon

Recheck that your Hamachi network adapter is still set to Private in Windows.
    Test with a new campaign.
    Are you on Wifi or Wired? If Wifi can you test sitting closer to the router/wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Ascalon

Recheck that your Hamachi network adapter is still set to Private in Windows.
    Test with a new campaign.
    Are you on Wifi or Wired? If Wifi can you test sitting closer to the router/wifi?
    Still private, tested with a new campaign - same results.

I'm wired - I already read that there might be problems with the bandwidth, but every program else is running smoothly. Also I checked if there might be too much content to load, but a new, campaign without any content at all had the same problems. Players can log in, but see no content of the campaign. No background, no images, no charakters to choose from.

Try starting a second instance of FG on the same computer as the GM instance and "Join Game" with a server address of localhost

Do you see the same issues as the remote players?

Ask the players to pay attention to messages in the chat window - like the one seen in the screenshot "Host connection lost". Also, as the GM, do you see similar messages about players losing connection?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

A second local instance runs smoothly. So I could perfectly play with myself if I wanted to.

When I checked the connection about a week ago, everything was fine. A test player could log in just normally, it was just about four days later everything went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascalon View Post
    A second local instance runs smoothly. So I could perfectly play with myself if I wanted to.
    So you local setup (FG) is OK.

When I checked the connection about a week ago, everything was fine. A test player could log in just normally, it was just about four days later everything went wrong.
    Was this before or after you moved house?

Can you test again with just a single player?

If the player can connect, but then get disconnected, there could be some form of bandwidth throttling going on. When a player is connected to Hamachi,, get their Hamachi IP address and set up a constant ping to their computer: ping -t <player hamachi IP address> and leave this running. When they lose connection, is there any timeouts or very slow responses in the ping window - scroll back up to see if something has happened recently. This will help to determine where you should be looking in more depth.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Was this before or after you moved house?
    After - I wanted to test beforehand if everything is fine, before gamenight.

Can you test again with just a single player?
    Did yesterday, white screen, no informations. It's less that they lose connection, it's just that there is no content.the campaign is "empty", no Characters, no maps, no nothing.

It's less that they lose connection, it's just that there is no content.the campaign is "empty", no Characters, no maps, no nothing.
    Losing connection is probably causing the issue of empty data. The players lose connection before they can download all of the data from the GM - all of the content comes from the GM, so it is important to fix losing connection first.

Blog Entries
    Longer shot but can you delete CoreRPG.pak and 5E.pak and re-run the updater?

Thread Information