FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Item sheet

Item sheet

Hi

I've posted this already on Discord but it might fit also here, and maybe someone else likes the following idea and wants to adapt that I made some item sheets for my characters, see the attached picture.

What you can see there is a item sheet of one of my players (in 3.5e). I shared this image with him and I've put an item pin of his magic items to the slots where they are carried, these pins are also shared such that that player can click on them to get a fast reference for his magic items. Next to the pins I placed images of his magic items to give visual hints about that magic item lying there. These item images are tokens such that they can be easily moved and removed while FG is open (so I have some token module for my items). In the middle is some generic picture for consumables, that picture I moved in another map layer (using the enhanced images layer) such that the player can not accidentally move that token and such that the pins can lie on top of that image.

So far this is a nice visual help for my players, especially when the number of magic items is a bit big
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very interesting concept, Kel. Are the slots standard 3.5? I don’t remember there being that many.

I don’t use layers extension (would love to but just don’t like it’s Achilles heel). Waiting on FGU to get rid of that problem.

Instead of using an image control; you could use a generic control instead to place an icon image; and then set up link/text/number fields to indicate whether an item is in a slot. It avoids all the issues of using an image control for something it’s not really designed for. It’s not as freeform as what you created, but it wouldn’t require anything not already in the API.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Very interesting concept, Kel. Are the slots standard 3.5? I don’t remember there being that many.
    Yes, that is standard 3.5e, 12 body slots (one can not really see it but the stuff in the bottom left is just miscellaneous, I use it for their magic containers like the bag of holding in the image or magic items like instruments; so these fields are not showing additional body slots) In that image the throat has two magic items but he is only wearing one of them at a time, I have put the other one there as a reference, too, because he switches them often

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Instead of using an image control; you could use a generic control instead to place an icon image; and then set up link/text/number fields to indicate whether an item is in a slot. It avoids all the issues of using an image control for something it’s not really designed for. It’s not as freeform as what you created, but it wouldn’t require anything not already in the API.

Regards,
    JPG
    ah, thanks, that is a nice and good idea

That's a great idea indeed!!!!
    I'll give it a try!
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Thread Information