FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 12 of 14 First ... 21011121314 Last

Untyped damage and DR

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    (and then I need to do research about whether or not untyped damage types are unaffected; usually they do not arise, and then one could argue that untyped damage types are useful for quickly adjusting and correcting damage numbers, e.g. for AoEs using a dummy NPC to make "damage". Thence, it may be useful to keep it that untyped damage types are unaffected by such things But maybe there is a statement in the rules of 3.5E/PF1)
    Hi Kel, I wasn’t able to find anything in the official rulebooks, but I’ve found a post from Jams Jacobs that seems to confirm your idea: untyped damage bypasses DR.

Apparently, your coding is correct, while FG standard is not.

Now I’d like to understand why the parser doesn’t attach the damage type to the CT attack entry for NPCs, but this is another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by cristmo View Post
    Hi Kel, I wasn’t able to find anything in the official rulebooks, but I’ve found a post from Jams Jacobs that seems to confirm your idea: untyped damage bypasses DR.

Apparently, your coding is correct, while FG standard is not.

Now I’d like to understand why the parser doesn’t attach the damage type to the CT attack entry for NPCs, but this is another topic.
    Ah, thanks for the research

If you want, you can report that untyped behaviour, such things are usually quickly fixed I can report it, too, if you prefer

How does your NPC attack look like? Maybe I can tell you why the parser didn't pick any damage types

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    How does your NPC attack look like? Maybe I can tell you why the parser didn't pick any damage types
    Hi Kel, I've found the reason: NPC weapon (dogslicer) is not included in DataCommon.weapondmgtype. Once added to the list, the correct damage type is parsed.

Thank you

Hi Kel, I've found the reason: NPC weapon (dogslicer) is not included in DataCommon.weapondmgtype. Once added to the list, the correct damage type is parsed.

Thank you
    Nice Yeah, I thought already about that this may be the culprit (in my private campaign I also had to add certain weapons over the time to dataCommon)

Thank you
    I suggest you use this: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/210/view
    Last edited by bmos; September 4th, 2021 at 12:59.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Nice, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Thank you bmos, I will add this to the other extensions I’m using from your repository.
    I guess the term “bmos addicted” would fit well...

Thank you bmos, I will add this to the other extensions I’m using from your repository.
    I guess the term “bmos addicted” would fit well...
    ha! To be fair, this one is almost entirely by Nickademus, I just added a couple more and some natural attacks that were missing and posted to Forge.
    If you notice any that are still not working, message me and I can add them.

Can you make your changes to imagewindow_toolbar merge rather than delete?

Jason

Thread Information