STAR TREK 2d20
Page 12 of 14 First ... 21011121314 Last

Bold as I was to get my hands on some dice skins - looks like the new update breaks strain/injury. Probably not a surprise, just giving a similar shout about this update.
    Newest Unity (4.3?) using PF1e ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    Bold as I was to get my hands on some dice skins - looks like the new update breaks strain/injury. Probably not a surprise, just giving a similar shout about this update.
    Newest Unity (4.3?) using PF1e ruleset.
    It was actually a surprise for me, hehe, I thought this update will be safe for me

I try to fix it as soon as possible

Ah, also here: I pushed an update; so everything should hopefully be okay now

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Ah, also here: I pushed an update; so everything should hopefully be okay now
    Thank you!

Oh, I forgot to push the January update of the one non-alternative icon version Now pushed it, sorry for the delay, totally forgot to set it to live (but the alternative version was gladly up-to-date all the time )

Also a reminder here: I pushed a new update for the StrainInjury variants Check my central thread, see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post679436 and https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post679628
    (now these extensions should be fully compatible with everything again, I hope )

Dear Kelrugem -

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this extension (specifically for use in PF1e)? Because I do. It makes the game flow so much better for my group, and is so much easier to wield (I find) over the wound/strain alt rules. Thank you, thank you for bringing this into FGU and maintaining it.

Does an adoring fan-ship and appreciation for your work entitle me to a wish list item? Haha. Probably not, but I will soldier on. I simply WISH there could be a "Current Total HP" field that was in the display somewhere. Adding the boxes together in the midst of combat can be tricky. But it is a limited wish - I am pleased as punch to have it as-is and working alongside the ridiculous amount of other extensions I use on the platform. It just hums right along.

Dear Kelrugem -

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this extension (specifically for use in PF1e)? Because I do. It makes the game flow so much better for my group, and is so much easier to wield (I find) over the wound/strain alt rules. Thank you, thank you for bringing this into FGU and maintaining it.

Does an adoring fan-ship and appreciation for your work entitle me to a wish list item? Haha. Probably not, but I will soldier on. I simply WISH there could be a "Current Total HP" field that was in the display somewhere. Adding the boxes together in the midst of combat can be tricky. But it is a limited wish - I am pleased as punch to have it as-is and working alongside the ridiculous amount of other extensions I use on the platform. It just hums right along.
    Thanks for your words, I appreciate them

About your wish: I think Bmos already added that See https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/19/view As far as I know it is also compatible with StrainInjury

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    About your wish: I think Bmos already added that See https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/19/view As far as I know it is also compatible with StrainInjury
    Oh yes, I know "Live Hitpoints" quite well - another of my favorites, and Bmos does some excellent work. But I have not found it to do this particular behavior - at least not when running Strain/Injury in combo. And of course I just shut down my server before I could do a grab - but Live HP definitely does a lot that I enjoy in tracking ability damage effects to just keeping track of how we arrived at the HP total to begin with - but as far as I can tell, it only "displays" the affected Maximum HP total - that Maximum total will update live, but - again, going from memory for the moment - I think Strain/Injury updates the "Wounds" base field to include one for Strain and one for Injury... which it tracks together in relation to the Maximum HP total value for overall health, but there is no display of the current total of HP.

It's MAX HP - Temp HP - Strain - Injury

So to quickly work out a character's health, one has to add together the Strain and Injury totals, then compare that against the Max. That added step of math will make my eyes cross in the midst of a fight.

Even a field that combined the Strain and Injury values together into a total of damage would be helpful, if that makes sense - not requiring the further step of then subtracting that wound total from the Max HP to give "Current HP"... but I mean... dream big!

It's a minor annoyance that can - ahem - add up, but nothing that keeps me up at night.

Oh yes, I know "Live Hitpoints" quite well - another of my favorites, and Bmos does some excellent work. But I have not found it to do this particular behavior - at least not when running Strain/Injury in combo. And of course I just shut down my server before I could do a grab - but Live HP definitely does a lot that I enjoy in tracking ability damage effects to just keeping track of how we arrived at the HP total to begin with - but as far as I can tell, it only "displays" the affected Maximum HP total - that Maximum total will update live, but - again, going from memory for the moment - I think Strain/Injury updates the "Wounds" base field to include one for Strain and one for Injury... which it tracks together in relation to the Maximum HP total value for overall health, but there is no display of the current total of HP.

It's MAX HP - Temp HP - Strain - Injury

So to quickly work out a character's health, one has to add together the Strain and Injury totals, then compare that against the Max. That added step of math will make my eyes cross in the midst of a fight.

Even a field that combined the Strain and Injury values together into a total of damage would be helpful, if that makes sense - not requiring the further step of then subtracting that wound total from the Max HP to give "Current HP"... but I mean... dream big!

It's a minor annoyance that can - ahem - add up, but nothing that keeps me up at night.
    Aaah, now I understand, you mean "current HP" in literally currently in the fight I fought of the current maximum HP

Oki, that is certainly also a reasonable wish I see here and there I certainly will think about it, but it may not come so soon (I finally start running a game on 11/12 March for my birthday, my first campaign for FGU and first campaign since over 3 years So, I will focus first preparing that first session and then I hope to have more time again to look at the extensions )

Thread Information