5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[LFG] Call of Cthulhu. I live in Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

I played a lot of Call of Cthulhu back in the late eighties and early nineties. I am keen to re-join the fight on Fantasy Grounds now that the stars are right again (and all the guys I used to play with have teenage kids).

I tried being a keeper back in the day, and it’s not really my strong point, so would be most happy as a player. I am definitely up for a long campaign, but if you just fancy seeing how I do in a one-shot, I would be delighted to be considered.

I am sure that the time difference between the UK and the USA will not be insurmountable.

I only have a demo license just now but an happy to purchase any license.

Thanks

Hi, I'm also a Call of Cthulhu player from Scotland, just getting into Fantasy Grounds and I don't have any teenage kids

I'm just learning Fantasy Grounds just now, mostly through Fantasy Grounds College which is an excellent community, really incredibly friendly and helpful, they also run CofC character creation classes and one-shots that have been really helpful for me so far

I'm probably eventually looking to be a keeper more than a player but i'll need a few more College courses as a player to be in any way able to run a game. If you're still about and looking for a game in maybe a month or so tho I'll definitely be looking for players, I have the license allowing you to play with the demo version

Keep in touch, I'll post here when I'm gonna run a game and try the College, it is an excellent for resource for us beginners I reckon

Hope you find some games in the meantime

That is truly great news. Thanks so much for getting back to me. I am more than happy to wait for a month or two. I can spend the time checking out Fantasy Grounds College. I am also more than happy to chip in for scenarios. I genuinely can’t wait. Thanks loads.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentprice View Post
    Hi, I'm also a Call of Cthulhu player from Scotland, just getting into Fantasy Grounds and I don't have any teenage kids

I'm just learning Fantasy Grounds just now, mostly through Fantasy Grounds College which is an excellent community, really incredibly friendly and helpful, they also run CofC character creation classes and one-shots that have been really helpful for me so far

I'm probably eventually looking to be a keeper more than a player but i'll need a few more College courses as a player to be in any way able to run a game. If you're still about and looking for a game in maybe a month or so tho I'll definitely be looking for players, I have the license allowing you to play with the demo version

Keep in touch, I'll post here when I'm gonna run a game and try the College, it is an excellent for resource for us beginners I reckon

Hope you find some games in the meantime

I also live in Scotland, but I've never played CoC. I'm interested in learning if you're looking for someone who's keen but not experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by KushMaster69X View Post
    I also live in Scotland, but I've never played CoC. I'm interested in learning if you're looking for someone who's keen but not experienced.
    Absolutely everyone will be welcome, CofC is a really good game and doesn't have a steep learning curve, it's far more about role playing than mechanics I reckon

I'd offer the same advice as I did before, FG College is amazing, I've learned so much there already so if you have the time some of their classes are really helpful but I'll definitely let you know when I have a game up and running, I'd like as many eager players as I can get

Mind if I ask, what games have you played?

There's too many Scotsmen on this forum now
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Welcome indeed Kush. Can’t wait to get started.

Zacchaeus, do you know of anyone else who may fancy joining us, or I don’t suppose fancy joining yourself?

@Jack Orion I've played a lot of D&D 5e using fg. I've watched people play CofC, and I've perused the rule book, but I don't have a lot of experience with it besides reading the story of old man Henderson

@Jack Orion I've played a lot of D&D 5e using fg. I've watched people play CofC, and I've perused the rule book, but I don't have a lot of experience with it besides reading the story of old man Henderson
    Seriously man, if you are asking my opinion, I wouldn’t read too much. When I started playing I read as little as possible and when the scary stuff started happening I was genuinely freaked out as I hadn’t a clue what was going on. It was unfathomable cosmic horror. I had played D&D for years and was sick of knowing exactly what a monster’s HP and AC was as soon as I encountered it. Discovering what the hell is going on is sort of the point of the game. I always thought that the rules themselves are secondary to the story in CoC. That’s how I liked to play it, but I appreciate folk like to play their own way.

Also, without giving too much away, there is a skill called Cthulhu Mythos, which is sort of representative of your character grasping what is going on. Maybe an interesting way to play would be to read a Lovecraft story every time your character’s Mythos score increases. That way you and your character’s knowledge of the Mythos would increase at the same time. It looks like Vincent will be the keeper (which I am right up for) and hopefully we can negotiate stuff like this when we start.

Thread Information