Starfinder Playlist

Another Fantasy grounds Crashing

Hello

When i log in to fantasy grounds for a player i am getting this error

"a xml parse error occurred processing file C:/User/mmay****/appdata/roaming/fantasygrounds/character/5e.xml - erro on line 1244: error reading end tag

Does anyone know how to fix it

Thanks
    Mike

It looks like you have an incomplete file. Is this an error when you load a campaign or what exactly are you doing when you get the error?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Hello

When i am trying to join a game , logging on as a player not as DM( campaign)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike May**** View Post
    When i log in to fantasy grounds for a player i am getting this error

"a xml parse error occurred processing file C:/User/mmay****/appdata/roaming/fantasygrounds/character/5e.xml - erro on line 1244: error reading end tag
    That specific file is the local 5E character store - allowing you to select a character that had been created locally (through manage characters).

It looks like that file may have got corrupted. You can try Manage Characters - 5E ruleset - and see if it loads up OK, but I’m guessing it will probably raise a similar error.

If you don’t need to import any PCs then you can just ignore the error.

You can attach the file mentioned in the error in this thread and we can see if we can make the file loadable - but you may lose one or more PCs from manage characters, you won’t lose anything from a PC in a campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Have you played this character before in this campaign you are trying to join? If so try nuking your cache (nuke button top right of the start screen) and try rejoining the game.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information