5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    Is there a time frame for initial release? Xmas this year or Summer next? No rush just curious.
    I think Doug mentioned October as a possibility in one of his recent live streams. But don't quote me on that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In this day and age all people can do is give a best guess then see what life throws at them and adjust from there.

Bumping to see if there is any progress on this, especially for maps!

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JazerNorth View Post
    Bumping to see if there is any progress on this, especially for maps!

Thanks!
    Nope, vote for the request here; https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135366

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This is an awesome idea. I'm thinking token traps and such I would vote for this, even though FGU is fully functional without it, I love the eyecandy aspect.

Roll20 isn't exclusive with this. Foundry added it some time ago. In fact, it's only FGU that does not support animated backgrounds and tokens now.
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

So a while back I switched things up to Foundry and a hosted solution. I finally got faster internet and have switched back to FGU because I should be able to act as a reasonable host/server now for images. Just qualifying that I know Foundry fairly well.

So why would we stop with animated tokens? Why not MP4/AVI maps? Fully animated scenes are a thing with multiple Patreon makers creating some really breathtaking assets. Yeah, 50mb animated maps might be a bit of a load, but I did it in Foundry and encountered no problems.

Anyhow, I would respectfully submit that Smite should be looking to allow the animation of every visual asset. Think big.

Isn't the difference that Foundry is web based or server based in some way? In other words you aren't relying on the DM's hardware and internet speed? Uploading 60Mb to six players would take me several hours to achieve. Not everyone has lightning fast internet speeds. (Admittedly potato internet is probably the minority now).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Isn't the difference that Foundry is web based or server based in some way? In other words you aren't relying on the DM's hardware and internet speed? Uploading 60Mb to six players would take me several hours to achieve. Not everyone has lightning fast internet speeds. (Admittedly potato internet is probably the minority now).
    Foundry is still dependent on GM internet connection if you install it on your computer. You can also host it online which usually fixes the issue. This connection speed is definitely an issue when people use hi-res, animated maps.
    I'm in a weekly Foundry game and any time I refresh the page (which I have to do a few times per session), the load times are quite substantial as it loads the 1080p map. I think my GM's upload speed is 20mbps (far above average in my experience) and we have 5 players.
    Last edited by bmos; October 16th, 2021 at 21:38.

Foundry is installed on the GM's computer and functions there like FGU with port forwarding.
    There are some commercial hosting services.

The median upload speed in the USA should be best case around 2-3 MB/s if asynchronous lines.
    Four players with the above example take 80 seconds to load, doesn't really matter which platform. I personally wouldn't be able to use such a feature unless I get better upload speed or host FGU somewhere in the cloud (which I don't want).

If we get something like this, it will probably be in increments, just my guess.

EDIT: Sniped by bmos
    Last edited by Zarestia; October 16th, 2021 at 21:51. Reason: word

Thread Information