5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How do I enter complete full screen mode?

Hey, there! New guy here.
    I just today bought a license, and the Essentials Bundle while they were on sale, and i'm excited to dive into this program, but for whatever reason I can't seem to figure out how to make Fantasy Grounds enter a full screen mode. I'd like for it to take up the entire display, but my Windows taskbar is always present at the bottom. I must be missing something obvious, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Wudenbachs; July 9th, 2019 at 04:17.

Blog Entries
    Welcome

Check your taskbar properties, turn off "Always on top"

If that doesn't do it, let us know.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the speedy response, dude!
    What's curious is that it was already completely full screen before, but the dice where laggy a bit. I restarted the compy, and now the dice flow very smoothly, but maximizing the window doesn't enter full screen anymore.
    Also, I'm using the demo Windows 10, because I'm cheep like the budgie, so I can't mess with the taskbar properties, unfortunately.

But, seeing as how it was full screen before, I imagine there's a way to get it back! Or, at least I hope there is, anyway.
    Any other suggestions? No Full screen vs windowed mode function?
    Last edited by Wudenbachs; July 9th, 2019 at 04:35.

So, an officer on the official Discord server confirmed that they use FG in a full screen mode, and they don't hide their taskbar, although they also admitted they don't know how they managed it.
    So, there must be a way to make it so.

EDIT: Turns out he did have his taskbar settings adjusted to hide, but thought that he didn't.
    Last edited by Wudenbachs; July 9th, 2019 at 08:29.

I need help with this also, but I only commented to say... this thread really amused me!! The "I miss you..." comment made me giggle.

Thanks for the help also!

Hi and welcome to FG.

FG doesn't run in full screen mode. I think it did at one time but caused too many issues so it was deprecated.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Is this what people want? (my screen is spread across two monitors 3200x1024, standard is usually 1920x1080)
    Full Screenshot.png

In properties of the a shortcut to the launcher, change this "C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe"
    to read this "C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe" -window-mode borderless -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1080
    Full Screen.png
    Last edited by Willot; December 2nd, 2020 at 21:01.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Wait a minute! This is CLASSIC houses of Healing? I thought it was only FGU that didnt run in Fullscreen?
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Classic will run in Full Screen. You just have the Windows task bar at the bottom of the screen.

Probably the easiest thing to do is to set the Windows Task Bar to automatically hide, otherwise the task bar will be visible.

Thread Information