DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Player Tokens drag to map? 2e

Hi,

I'm new to using the 2e ruleset. Just grabbed the three core book modules, and really like the look of it so far, but am having a problem putting PCs onto maps.

- I can select a portrait for a character sheet, and it generates a matching token. If I drag either image from the character sheet to a map sheet, nothing happens - it doesn't appear on the map.
    - If I drag a token from the token box, it appears on the map.
    - If I drag a token from the token box to the character sheet, to assign a token, then drag the token from the character sheet to the map, nothing happens - it doesn't appear on the map.

Is there a different way to place the PC's counter on the map with this ruleset? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

- tsmpaul

You must first place PCs/NPCs on the Combat Tracker and drag from there onto the map.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

@tsmpaul - to expand on what Zacchaeus has said. This is pretty fundamental functionality across all FG rulesets, not just D&D 2e. Always add PCs or NPCs to the combat tracker before adding their tokens to a map. If you don't do this, the tokens won't be linked to creatures correctly and you won't get correct targeting, applying of damage, effects, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This could be a handy tooltip that appears either within the tokens frame, combat tracker or both

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    This could be a handy tooltip that appears either within the tokens frame, combat tracker or both
    +1 agree

Thankyou for the instructions, got it working now

Thread Information