5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 10 of 14 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by TREXMIST View Post
    Any updates on this project? I've been very much so looking forward to seeing your work! No rush, just curious where things are/what's been done. Thanks for the work!
    Hi Trexmist,

Next update will be mainly including all the fixes and work that MadBeardMan made for the gear and equipement.
    On my side I'll try to finish effects and conditions support and also specific combat skills from profession tree (parry arrow, etc ...). I'd also like to implement spell casting automation as I've done for combat.
    But i have very little free time at the moment and I'd like to use it to play a little campaign with my friends (fun fact : I started this ruleset to be able to play with my friends but only had time to DM one adventure for now )

Hi All,

As Sylv0308 states. I've been adding gear and equipment recently. I hope to finish that in the week and hand it over. When that's done I'll speak with sylv0308 about what other things I can do, so that he can focus on playing. I was in this exact same situation when building Traveller, I could either build it, or play it (but not both).

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi all,

A new version including MadBeardMan fixes can be downloaded here : https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases

Also I made a quick google form to collect some information to help plan the future development, if you could take a few minutes to answer, it would be greatly appreciated : https://forms.gle/QRCxVq3aJuQ1TjG39

Thanks
    Althea
    Last edited by sylv0308; January 23rd, 2022 at 09:37.

I am using FGU…have not had an oppertunity to try it since the post.

I've been having a bit of difficulty with the ruleset, though I don't know if it's user error or not:

First, I can't seem to find the new Assets module within FGU anywhere. The Bestiary, Spells, and Calendar show up just fine but for whatever reason I cannot get the Assets to show up in menu to allow me to activate it. It's been placed in the same modules file as the others, so I have no idea why it won't show as available to load.

Second, what is the correct procedure for utilizing the custom modifiers that have been created? I often times get errors when clicking on them, so I don't know if there is a bug involved or if there is a specific time I should press these modifier buttons in order for them to work correctly.

All in all, the whole thing has been great and I thank you all for your hard work!

Aesthetic Changes

Greetings, I decided to make some changes and started with something simple:
    1 - Move the ps_order to the ps folder.
    2 - Add the extra fields for vehicles, as well as the strings for them.
    3 - Addition of a data_library to start putting the information related to the book.
    5 - Addition of "coins".
    6 - Addition of languages.
    4 - Fix when opening the effects part.

I intend to "learn" to be able to do:
    1 - Add buttons on the side tab for spells, alchemy.
    2 - Create the categories of items, spells and alchemists.
    3 - Create the fields for these items.
    4 - Add fonts for languages.

Of course, these pretensions take time, especially for those who don't know how to program.

And I also apologize for the boldness of messing around and for not knowing how to use GitHub and send the ruleset here on the forum.

Attachment 51168

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Greetings, I decided to make some changes and started with something simple:
    1 - Move the ps_order to the ps folder.
    2 - Add the extra fields for vehicles, as well as the strings for them.
    3 - Addition of a data_library to start putting the information related to the book.
    5 - Addition of "coins".
    6 - Addition of languages.
    4 - Fix when opening the effects part.

I intend to "learn" to be able to do:
    1 - Add buttons on the side tab for spells, alchemy.
    2 - Create the categories of items, spells and alchemists.
    3 - Create the fields for these items.
    4 - Add fonts for languages.

Of course, these pretensions take time, especially for those who don't know how to program.

And I also apologize for the boldness of messing around and for not knowing how to use GitHub and send the ruleset here on the forum.

Attachment 51168
    Hey yako2020,

Thanks for doing this, anyone doing extra bits will help make this ruleset better for it.

Couple of pointers, mostly around your 'learn to be able to'. I've complete the Equipment/Gear work and sent a PR to the ruleset owner for them to review and merge in/etc. That has a data_library so there may be some issues. Nothing too bad I suspect though, I've also completed the work bringing spells into the Side Tab and allow them to be listed/filtered. That will soon be with the Ruleset owner to merge in.

On the GitHub repo, you'll see versions, in there there's a kanban board of features to be added, have a look in there and post here if you want to work on something. I'm still donating some of my time to this Ruleset as I wish to use it for my own game soon.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Delete this post please
    Last edited by tommenquar; April 22nd, 2022 at 04:31. Reason: Duplacte post

Just curious MBM, were there any other changes you made to this system in the past few months? we are picking this back up and would certainly like to run with the latest version. Thanks man and keep up the fantastic work on all you do.

Also how would 1 go about applying the updates you pull requested on github?

Quote Originally Posted by tommenquar View Post
    Just curious MBM, were there any other changes you made to this system in the past few months? we are picking this back up and would certainly like to run with the latest version. Thanks man and keep up the fantastic work on all you do.

Also how would 1 go about applying the updates you pull requested on github?
    Well at the moment the ruleset creator isn't available, so my MR's/PR's are still outstanding. Once they return, then maybe we can move forward again.

I've got more work done on it, but relies on my previous work.

I'll try and speak to them again in the next week, but we must respect their personal lives, as this isn't a commercial ruleset.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information