DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Pathfinder Sneak Attack

I have been trying to figure out how to add the sneak attack function under Abilities for rogues/ninja.

Any guidance would be appreciated. In addition, if anyone has a current version xml of this implemented in an importable character that would be valuable.

Thanks in advance

Blog Entries
    Is this any different than the question and answer you got here?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...2-Sneak-Attack

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

If you need step by step instructions, let me know. I can post those if you need them.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

I certainly don’t know how to create a spell class or an effect from scratch. I have been trying to search for that but haven’t struck gold yet. I see the screenshot I just don’t know how to do that.

The 5e sneak attack was pretty different and not working the same as the pathfinder one we need for our game.

In short I would really appreciate instructions.

See add a spell class and add a spell in the Wiki User Guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...dd_Spell_Class

These aren't actually spells (so don't get hung up on the naming), but will be used for abilities.

Once you've created a "spell" for your sneak attack (it's actually just the title for the placeholder - that's the "Sneak attack/flanking" header shown in Blahness98's screeenshot), then you can right-click on it and add actions - damage, effects, etc. as shown in the screenshot.

As an FYI - please try and keep your questions to one relevant thread. There are now three threads with you asking the same questions (one in the 5E thread that essentially wasted everyone's time as it's the wrong RPG system). So please try to keep to one place for questions that are related. If you have a completely new question, then please start a new thread - don't attack to an unrelated thread. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok. Here is your step by step to getting Sneak Attack built.

Start on your actions tab. Right click in the blank space and select "Add Spell Class". Name the spell class whatever you want. If this is for abilities and feats, just name it "Abilities/Feats".

There will be a level 0 box, put some number in there, it doesn't really matter. Right click the Level 0 line that just appeared and select "Add Spell."

In the first box, type in "Sneak Attack". Right click the Sneak Attack Box, click on the "Add Spell Action" button and then click on "Add Effect". This line is what you will type the sneak attack effect into.

If you just want the generic rogue sneak attack, on this line you will type, "Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6 precision" without the quotes.

Once that is typed in, click on the magnifying glass for the effect. This will pop up another window.

On the bottom of this window, there will be a targeting/expenditure section. Click the "Targeting" box to have it show "Self" and the "Expend?" box to show "On next roll". This will have the effect target your character and the effect will remove itself after you roll damage.

Now all you will need to do is to click this effect whenever you want to roll your sneak attack damage and FG will add the sneak attack damage when you roll damage. Granted, you do not have to have the effect expire as you can turn it on and off on the combat tracker, but I personally try to keep the tracker clear of effects that aren't in use. See the GIF below for an in FG example.

If you are using Unchained Rogue, the debilitating attacks can be set up in the same way, but the effects are a little more in depth.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

This is great stuff and just in time because we are trying it out later today. I got it going. I was hung up on the “spell” naming versus “power” as it is implemented in 5e.

Thank you all so much for the support!

Apologies for posting in the wrong place.

If you need any other help with effects for rogue, or effects in general, let me know.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Why can't you just create two weapons for the character: one with backstab damage and the other without?

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information