DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Created module not updating

Hello All.

I created a module that I'm using for testing purposes which has 2 section links. 1st section displays a couple races and the 2nd section displays 2 spell lists to level 10. So round 1 of my test is done.

Round 2. I added in a couple more races, added a 3rd spell list and reduced the number of spells down to 1 just to reduce visual clutter while working on the format of the module.

The problem is now that when I recreate the module and drop it into my modules folder my changes are not showing up. In fact the spell lists still displays the original data. I've zipped up the files like I should but it almost seems like the old version of the module is cached. I've tried using the Nuke button, cleared the cache from the campaign folder and tried loading the campaign with the module removed then reloading but it's been futile. I'm stuck.

I've been searching around but I'm not sure I know what I should be for. I've only been messing around with FG for about a month so I'm still figuring stuff out.

Thanks!
    Xen

The nuke/cache is only relevant for a player, not a GM. So, assuming you’re loading a FG campaign as a GM, there are a few things to check:

- In the module activation,window, right click on the module and see if there is an option to sync data. If so, select that and see if your data appears.
    - Start a brand new FG campaign and load up the module - is all the data there?
    - it sounds like you’re manually creating the module XML outside of FG? If so, and the above 2 steps don’t help, then I’d recommend double (and triple) checking that the XML is properly formed, the data is in the expected places and that the links in the library section point to the data.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for your response, it gave me a lead at least and I was able to track down the culprit. I had a bad <recordname> that was pointing to another module I was messing around with and once I fixed the <recordname> to point to the module itself where the data was located in it updated just fine. You were right though, I was creating the module manually in XML. I was splicing together a spell list example that Dakadin has posted and another file I found on here of an example Race table. On a side note, RMC apparently does not have the ability to right click on the module to sync data.

Thanks again!
    Xen

Glad you got it sorted.

RMC will have the option to sync data. It just won’t show the option if it knows there are no changes to sync.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That makes sense then, because I tried right clicking on several modules and all I got was an option to close the window. lol
    Last edited by Xen; June 23rd, 2019 at 13:49. Reason: typos

Thread Information