5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Alien RPG Ruleset

STOP YOUR GRINNIN AND DROP YOUR LINEN!

Is anyone else SUPER excited about this!?!?

https://youtu.be/U1vScrfVzQg

https://youtu.be/jOPZOr2ouVk

https://alien-rpg.com/

For REAL, if there is a ruleset made for FG for this, it WILL be my JAM for awhile to GM (or.. MUTHR... LOL)

PLEASE tell me one of you FG junkies that develops rulesets is stoked to jump on this ASAP come December!!!! PLEEEEASE?
    Last edited by JimSocks; June 19th, 2019 at 21:11.

They've got a supplement for the Cepheus Engine/Mongoose Traveler that is very, very similar to Alien, including the Xenomorphs. It can be found here:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/228492/Hostile

Of course, not identical to the Alien RPG but enough to run it in the Traveler ruleset currently.

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EDT) United States; GMT -4 hours

Game in Progress: AD&D 2e - Against the Zhentarim

You are right, that looks similar, but it isn't a ruleset for FG? I am looking for a ruleset that will allow me to play Alien when it releases on FG. I don't see Cepheus Engine/Mongoose Traveler in my list of rulesets when I try to start a new campaign?

Mongoose Traveler 1E is a ruleset for FG, purchasable on the FG Store...https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...MGP3800TRVMG1E
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

That being said, the Hostile book isn't available on the store, but it's like...95% fluff. And the Alien Breed PDF from Zozer Games contain the necessary Xenomorph stats.

People are aware that the Alien RPG was originally released in 1986, aren't they?

(I know, because I own a copy, and because doing a FG Ruleset for Alienm RPG is on my list of "To Do Stuff". )

Just sayin'
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    People are aware that the Alien RPG was originally released in 1986, aren't they?

(I know, because I own a copy, and because doing a FG Ruleset for Alienm RPG is on my list of "To Do Stuff". )

Just sayin'
    There's a new Alien roleplaying game coming out from Free League Publishing. This isn't the Phoenix Command version.

The rules of the game are based on the acclaimed Year Zero Engine, used in award-winning games such as Tales from the Loop and Mutant: Year Zero, but adapted and further developed to fully support and enhance the core themes of ALIEN: horror and action in the cold darkness of space.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Yeah- it has different stats on the character sheets than the Traveller ruleset comes with, and two differing sets of D6 dice (one for base, and one for stress). Honestly, I would imagine it's not even possible for one player to roll two differently colored dice in FG... Kind of a bummer. I am thinking of trying to alter the stats on the character sheet though, but it's way outside my wheelhouse as of right now. It sounds like a big project after reading the forums and wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    There's a new Alien roleplaying game coming out from Free League Publishing. This isn't the Phoenix Command version.
    Yes, I realize that - I was just drawing peoples' attention / taking a trip down memory lane

hence the "just sayin'"
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    I would imagine it's not even possible for one player to roll two differently colored dice in FG...
    You don't see the different colours on the physical 3d dice as they roll, but you can program FG to show different coloured dice in the roll result in the chat window.

Quite a few rulesets do this. For example:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information