FG Spreadshirt Swag

Sword of Vengeance

Hello

I Have a player who just retrived a Sword of Vengeance and he is wondering if the Save from the effect of the sword can be automated for every time he is hit

Sword of Vengeance
    Curse: This sword is cursed and possessed by a vengeful spirit. Becoming attuned to it extends the curse to you. As long as you remain cursed, you are unwilling to part with the sword, keeping it on your person at all times. While attended to this weapon, you have disadvantage on attack rolls made with weapons other than this one.

In addition, while this sword is on your person, you must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw whenever you take damage in combat. On a failed save you must attack the creature that damaged you until you drop to 0 hit points or it does, or until you can't reach the creature to make a melee attack against it.

You can break the curse in the usual ways. Alternatively, casting banishment on the sword forces the vengeful spirit to leave it. The sword becomes a +1 weapon with no other properties.

No, there isn't a way to automate the saving throw.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Reviving this in the hope of an update - even in the form of extensions.

Or, is it possible to add a concentration check to this so that a Wisdom Check is made when damaged?

Sure just add an effect to the PC on the combat tracker like:
    Code:
    SoV; (C)
    That will force a concentration check whenever the PC takes damage. You can put anything before the ; (simi-colon) that isn't a keyword and the (C) forces the concentration check.
    Last edited by Griogre; September 21st, 2022 at 15:02.

Sorry got called away. The problem with the above is its a *Concentration* check not a Wis 15 DC check so the DC is 10 or half the max damage which ever is greater.

Ah, yeah, you're right.

Unless there's some way to change what that roll is, I guess I might still implement it as a reminder to roll - otherwise I imagine forgetting it's a thing more often than not.

Better Combat Effects:

Code:
    SAVEONDMG: 15 WIS

Thread Information