STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    feature request

Gold for XP, I suggest that parcels offer the option of award xp equivalent
    More than likely if someone did this it would be an extension. Gold for EXP is a 1E thing.

How are you wanting to "add" said "gold value" for experience? Remember that FG doesn't have a understanding of "gold value". It just knows 12 gps and 5 gps go into the gps pile. 5 pp is another monetary value. I would have to create a monetary exchange table and that would hard code coin types.

You can add a entry into the party sheet for custom experience rewards currently for rewards like this.

I did add the option to drag/drop a item into the Party Sheet Encounter/EXP window and it will apply the magic items "exp values" of that magic item as reward. I'll probably add a "parcel" drag/drop and npc/inventory drop doing the same down the road once I get the CT capable of handling the inventory list of npcs. Since this is a feature that can be optionally used it wouldn't hurt the 2E version of experience rewards. DMs can choose to do it or not.
    Last edited by celestian; July 12th, 2019 at 21:50.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    More than likely if someone did this it would be an extension. Gold for EXP is a 1E thing.

How are you wanting to "add" said "gold value" for experience? Remember that FG doesn't have a understanding of "gold value". It just knows 12 gps and 5 gps go into the gps pile. 5 pp is another monetary value. I would have to create a monetary exchange table and that would hard code coin types.

You can add a entry into the party sheet for custom experience rewards currently for rewards like this.

I did add the option to drag/drop a item into the Party Sheet Encounter/EXP window and it will apply the magic items "exp values" of that magic item as reward. I'll probably add a "parcel" drag/drop and npc/inventory drop doing the same down the road once I get the CT capable of handling the inventory list of npcs. Since this is a feature that can be optionally used it wouldn't hurt the 2E version of experience rewards. DMs can choose to do it or not.
    Is that a Baked In option or do I need to flip a switch...I like to give the XP value of a magic item in my 1E GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by taoistpunk View Post
    Is that a Baked In option or do I need to flip a switch...I like to give the XP value of a magic item in my 1E GAME.
    It's base functionality of the ruleset. Don't need to do anything other than drop the item into the "encounter/xp" window. Make sure the item actually has a XP value assigned but otherwise it should work. It'll create a entry for the item name and the EXP value.

Once I get done with the Combat Tracker work I'll made it so you can just drag/drop the entire parcel in there instead of per item.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

So last night I was poking around updating some issues related to inventory and I had an idea for Coins -> EXP (and items). I was able to make it work in a way that won't force folks to use it and it doesn't break people's ability to use custom coins.

1) It only works with PP, GP, EP, SP and CP. If you use coins other than that it wont work (exp for coins).
    2) You can only do it with parcels (coins). Any coin and items in parcels dropped into the "encounter rewards" on XP tab of the Party Sheet will have exp entries added.
    3) You can drag/drop individual items with EXP values to generate a reward entry (items, not coins).

Here is what it does.

You can try this out along with the new Combat Tracker if you enable the "Test" channel. Just make sure to backup your campaign before using it.
    Last edited by celestian; July 19th, 2019 at 22:38.
    ---

nice decal in background :P lol
    and a great way to award parcel xp
    FGC and FGU Ultimate License Holder
    Former Professor @ Fantasy Grounds College
    Time Zone: Central Zone US (UTC -5/-6)
    Current Projects: A History of Play Dev and Running all the adventures in order of release
    Past Projects: 5e OAR 1 "Into the Borderlands"; 3.5 Conversion "B1 In Search of the Unknown"; 5e Conversion "B4 The Lost City"; 1e "Lords of Darkness"; 1e B9 "Castle Caldwell and Beyond"

Stephen W. Kissee (Steffen de Wolff)

So last night I was poking around updating some issues related to inventory and I had an idea for Coins -> EXP (and items). I was able to make it work in a way that won't force folks to use it and it doesn't break people's ability to use custom coins.

1) It only works with PP, GP, EP, SP and CP. If you use coins other than that it wont work (exp for coins).
    2) You can only do it with parcels (coins). Any coin and items in parcels dropped into the "encounter rewards" on XP tab of the Party Sheet will have exp entries added.
    3) You can drag/drop individual items with EXP values to generate a reward entry (items, not coins).

Here is what it does.

You can try this out along with the new Combat Tracker if you enable the "Test" channel. Just make sure to backup your campaign before using it.
    Oooooo....will be testing this weekend. Shweet

If FG costs as much as Adobe CC, it should be as useful. That's one barometer.

If Roll20 is free and open source, it should be light years behind FG in terms of functionality. It's not.

1) Token bags are a mess in FG. Half of my Token Box is full of empty bags. (Yes, yes, I know they're transparent spacers - and I don't care, because I shouldn't be seeing the bags they're in. They're ultra annoying, confusing to the eye, and useless besides, as they don't facilitate browsing of images. The little bag is cute, but a thumbnail would be more useful AND look better.

2) Layers. Roll20 has as many layers as you damn well wish. Personally, I need - a) a background layer for lava and stuff like that, b) 2-3 map layers, for dimensional shifting, etc., c) at LEAST one furniture layer, for placement of walls, extra doors, etc., and d) some sort of intermediate dumping layer, for 'parking' stuff on. That's, like, six layers, folks. Not TWO. TWO is just nuts.

3) I'm of the understanding you can't share tokens with players due to licensing protections provided optionally to your vendors. Stop providing them that option. In Roll20 users can share (yes, even licensed) tokens, maps, etc. We can mix and match them, too - creating exactly the token or map set we want. Paying . . . 500 times more doesn't even allow me to share tokens with my players? The ones who have sacrificed their real life time to participate in my game? What?? Sharing a token isn't going to put anyone in the poorhouse, guys. On the contrary - it exposes new players to the products, and increases the likelihood THEY'LL buy FG. (Ask Metallica about how licensing every red penny works out. They give everything away now - just to stay in the front of people's minds. Read - you gotta give SOME **** away to keep them coming back.)

4) Personally, I don't use chat, video, or audio effects features - but I can sure understand why a lot of FG users probaby rue that lack of that fucntionality. Roll20 has it. Free. And it all works fine.

5) Cards. I was apalled that I couldn't make a deck of cards. I've got all these gorgeous, super fun Crit decks, and I can't show them? Well, I guess I could, but it would be super inconvenient to set up - a table linked to some pics, linked to this, linked to that . . . Nah, just implement card decks, please? And all my spell cards and stuff? Sure, the info is in FG, cards present visually so much better. So I'd use cards for that, too, if I could.

6) What is WITH your themes? I mean, I'm trying to be gentle, but I'm a graphics professional, and I'm sorry - the themes for FG are just plain ugly. Software is a visual medium, at the end of the day. FG could present so much better. There are only a handful of themes - and half those were made in clear desparation by your community of users. Your color picker only changes the color of the dice? In Roll20 one can customize the color of anything - per player, even. I have to edit .xml to change the font size? Really? Sheesh.

Six gripes should be enough for now! Hopefully that type of feedback is constructive for you guys. Just throwing it out there.

Thanks!
    Last edited by rpbarrett111; January 8th, 2020 at 12:42.

Quote Originally Posted by rpbarrett111 View Post

Six gripes should be enough for now! Hopefully that type of feedback is constructive for you guys. Just throwing it out there.

Thanks!
    I'm guessing you put this in the wrong forum.
    ---

I'm guessing you put this in the wrong forum.
    Yeah, I think it was just late and I had had the last straw. Apologies. Feel free to delete it or whatever.

Your Party Sheet feature rules. Sorry, and thanks.
    Last edited by rpbarrett111; January 14th, 2020 at 11:48.

If Roll20 is free and open source, it should be light years behind FG in terms of functionality. It's not.
    Yeah, I’m going to disagree with a lot of your posting simply due to the subjective nature of the content. FG IS light years ahead of roll20, at least for the rulesets that I have played.
    1) Token bags are a mess in FG. Half of my Token Box is full of empty bags. (Yes, yes, I know they're transparent spacers - and I don't care, because I shouldn't be seeing the bags they're in. They're ultra annoying, confusing to the eye, and useless besides, as they don't facilitate browsing of images. The little bag is cute, but a thumbnail would be more useful AND look better.

2) Layers. Roll20 has as many layers as you damn well wish. Personally, I need - a) a background layer for lava and stuff like that, b) 2-3 map layers, for dimensional shifting, etc., c) at LEAST one furniture layer, for placement of walls, extra doors, etc., and d) some sort of intermediate dumping layer, for 'parking' stuff on. That's, like, six layers, folks. Not TWO. TWO is just nuts.
    Pretty sure these two issues will be addressed in unity.

3) I'm of the understanding … (Ask Metallica about how licensing every red penny works out. They give everything away now - just to stay in the front of people's minds. Read - you gotta give SOME **** away to keep them coming back.)
    I don’t really understand the problem here, so all I’ll add is that anecdotes are simply anecdotal.

4) Personally, I don't use chat, video, or audio effects features - but I can sure understand why a lot of FG users probaby rue that lack of that fucntionality. Roll20 has it. Free. And it all works fine.
    THIS is the one point that provided incentive for me to post. It does NOT work fine. I’ve seen and heard of multiple issues regarding roll20s audio etc. I also doubt that a lot of FG users rue the lack of it.

PLEASE Smiteworks, by the Hoary Host of Hoggoth, by Odin’s blood, by all that is Sacred… Please do NOT spend any resources and/or time towards audio or video functionality. Also please do not invest any time or effort into reinventing the wheel.

5) Cards. ...
    Ehh. Cards might be nice I guess? I thought there were some extensions out there for that.

6) What is WITH your themes? I mean, I'm trying to be gentle, but I'm a graphics professional, and I'm sorry - the themes for FG are just plain ugly. …
    Never had a problem with any of that. Seems pretty subjective to me. Again, devoting SW resources towards this would seem to me to be further down on the priority list.

Thread Information