5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Playing as GM and Player on

Once Unity is released, I plan to move the pathfinder campaign that I running to Fantasy Grounds. As I understand it, currently, in order to both be the GM and a player at the same time, you must run the PC version. With Unity, will it possible to do both on Steam, or will I need to do it on the PC version?

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums.

What you are wanting to do is something you can do in FG now, you do not need FGU to do it. That said, your understanding is confused or wrong. A GM can control any character they want, at any time. The GM can also "claim" any character they want so they show up like a Character and no other players can claim them.

That won't change with FGU. And, Steam actually is the exact same version, it's just that Steam puts a launcher in front of the FG executable. Again, I don't see that changing with FGU... (other than querying the operating system so it know what o/s version to install)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You will need to have 2 concurrent processes running. A GM session and a Player session. You can do this with the current version of FG running on Linux, MacOS or Windows regardless of if you purchased through Steam or the FG storefront.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirloc View Post
    You will need to have 2 concurrent processes running. A GM session and a Player session. You can do this with the current version of FG running on Linux, MacOS or Windows regardless of if you purchased through Steam or the FG storefront.
    You can on Mac or Linux but you actually have to install 2 separate wineskin instances.

Thread Information