Starfinder Playlist

Group Accessible Character?

Our group has a wagon for storage of large items, camping gear, food and etc. We created a character sheet for the wagon so that we can keep track of all the equipment on/inside it but only one player can access the information. The group has now also purchased a house and we'd like to use a character sheet to keep the items available inside the house in the inventory, but just like the wagon, would prefer that any group member be able to open/look at it.

Is there any way to create something that can be opened, read, accessed by and have changes made by any member of the group? We've thought of the "notes", but those are read-only. We've also thought of using "locations", but again, it's read-only. A character sheet would be perfect, but we can't figure out any way that someone other that the player who has taken control of it can see the character sheet and/or make changes to it as needed.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    No. Database objects can only be owned by one player at a time and only the owner and the GM can edit such a record.

I'm sure others will have some suggestions on how they handle this.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The GM can share player sheets via the chat and then everybody can at least look at wagon sheet by clicking on the link in the chat But I never tried out if they can also edit that sheet then, too (maybe?)

Use the party sheet. Just allocate the items to the wagon or house or whatever so that they don't get sold or distributed. Then everyone can see, add or remove items from it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Isn't that the function of a treasure parcel?

Quote Originally Posted by greentongue View Post
    Isn't that the function of a treasure parcel?
    No, the OP is looking for something which persists over a campaign which all the characters can access. Treasure parcels are not really suitable for that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I did make a "Group Stash" treasure parcel that I can add to and drag specific items back into the Party Sheet when someone wants to use them. It is a little unwieldy to use though.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Use the party sheet. Just allocate the items to the wagon or house or whatever so that they don't get sold or distributed. Then everyone can see, add or remove items from it.
    Holy Crap! Sometimes the simplest solution works best. For years this has been a PITA for my players because I didn't consider an NPC Wagon Repository.

Genius!

Thread Information