Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

LFP – 4-5 Players; DnD 5e Home Brew “Blended” Campaign

FG License: GM has Ultimate, so players can use free version

Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Eastern Time USA

Day of week/Time: Tuesdays or Thursdays (TBD) – 7 pm to 10 pm will be standard session time

Planned Start Times/ Schedule: Plan is to have a Session 0 (which will be mandatory) on the prior day to Session 1 (which ever we decide it to be a Tues or Thurs). Actual start date is TBD, its based on how interest goes and then from there I’ll propose start dates to the players. Even if interest is very high I likely won’t start before Tues June 25th though…

Frequency: Weekly sessions

Term: Long Term/On-going

Text or Voice: Voice (Discord) (English Language)

Will this be recorded or streamed: No

Number of Players Needed: 4-5

**New Players and/or Veteran Players both welcome!!**

If interested please provide the following information, this helps to gauge interest and to recruit a balanced party.:

1) What night would you prefer our sessions to be on Tuesdays or Thursdays?

2) Please list your first name (Hey you can outright lie here how would I know? Just tell me what I can call you besides your character name).

3) List your first-class choice and a second-class choice you would like or be willing to play.

4) Have you played Water Deep: Dragon Heist or Dungeon of the Mad Mage (for 5e) yet? (If “Yes” – you are cool with the fact this game will include running both of those modules?)

5) List any other information you want me to know when considering your application for this campaign.

Character Starting Level and Equipment: 3rd level, straight 500 gp to buy equipment*
    *Using the 500gp you ignore what any background selection grants you for starting equipment or what any class grants for starting equipment. Only STANDARD (non-magical) items allowed that are in the Player’s Handbook!

Character Restrictions (Read carefully these will be STRICTLY enforced): Use 27 point buy for attributes as listed on page 13 of the PHB; Can play any race/class that is published in the Player’s Handbook, Sword Coast Adventurers Guide (SCAG), Xanathar’s Guide to Everything, Volo’s Guide to Monsters. No evil alignments allowed

Summary of the Campaign: This game is called a Home brew “blend” because it blends original home brew content with officially published campaigns/modules – namely Water Deep: Dragon Heist and Dungeon of the Mad Mage to start. The versions of DH and DotMM will have changes from the original “retail” books. This game is very ambitious in size and scope, there’s plenty of content to keep us playing for a very long time. Beyond modified versions of DH and DotMM there’s of course the home brew content which includes a main story line meant to tie everything together.

My ambition is to take this campaign as long and as far as the players want it to go. I will continue to have home brew story hooks lead into published modules (and perhaps vice versa). The published modules will NOT be 100% as written they will have modifications to them, though depending on which ones we hook into some may be more modified than others (I do this because its what I enjoy, and it also keeps players who played the module before on their toes as well).
    This game is going to be about 95% 5e RAW but there are some home brew modifications as well (this will be discussed during Session 0), I state this in the event you are a purist type of player that only wants 100% RAW in your games.

Link to Game Calendar Page: Soon™.
    Last edited by Mytherus; June 1st, 2019 at 02:35.

I am in if its on Thursday!!

1) Tuesday's

2) Please list your first name (Hey you can outright lie here how would I know? Just tell me what I can call you besides your character name). Matt

3) List your first-class choice and a second-class choice you would like or be willing to play. Wizard or Pal (any melee)

4) Have you played Water Deep: Dragon Heist or Dungeon of the Mad Mage (for 5e) yet? (If “Yes” – you are cool with the fact this game will include running both of those modules?) I have not played them.

5) List any other information you want me to know when considering your application for this campaign. Been a while since I used FG, but I have my evenings back and I am looking for a game.

1) What night would you prefer our sessions to be on Tuesdays or Thursdays? Either would work equally well for me but for the sake of, Thursday

2) Please list your first name (Hey you can outright lie here how would I know? Just tell me what I can call you besides your character name). Jeff

3) List your first-class choice and a second-class choice you would like or be willing to play. Rogue, Wizard

4) Have you played Water Deep: Dragon Heist or Dungeon of the Mad Mage (for 5e) yet? (If “Yes” – you are cool with the fact this game will include running both of those modules?) No

5) List any other information you want me to know when considering your application for this campaign. I am often the DM but as a player I like to go with the flow I get enough stress from my groups
    Last edited by WVFiend; June 1st, 2019 at 05:29.

Hi I'd like to play.
    Thursdays are good for me
    Jerrie
    Bard or Cleric / Goblin or Gnome
    Haven't played it, I know nothing.
    My style of play is very character-centric, I never have to be told to role play.

Thank you all for showing your interest, I do appreciate it. My style with recruiting for a new game is I like to at least give a couple days from the initial recruitment post to see the full extent of interest in the game first. I then generally start contacting folks via the board's PM function.

I’m in if you’ll have me again.

Ben, Thursday works for me. I was thinking of playing a warlock or a rogue. Haven’t played either.

1) What night would you prefer our sessions to be on Tuesdays or Thursdays?

I can play both nights.

2) Please list your first name (Hey you can outright lie here how would I know? Just tell me what I can call you besides your character name).

Cleveland

3) List your first-class choice and a second-class choice you would like or be willing to play.

Tempest Cleric or Mage

4) Have you played Water Deep: Dragon Heist or Dungeon of the Mad Mage (for 5e) yet? (If “Yes” – you are cool with the fact this game will include running both of those modules?)

No I have not played those modules.

5) List any other information you want me to know when considering your application for this campaign.

I'm an old school 2nd edition player, but I have been playing 5e for almost 6 months now. I'm also new to FG, but I've learned quite a bit about FG in the 2 months I've used it. I love role playing not just in combat, but also in all aspects of playing DnD.
    Last edited by Valerian Stormbreaker; June 2nd, 2019 at 01:51.

1) Thursday
    2) Cameron
    3) Happy to play any class, to fill in whatever the party is missing
    4) I have not played those modules
    5) I've been playing regularly for about a year. A group of friends wanted to start a game and nominated me the GM (we were all new). I've been looking for a second game to join as a player.
    Last edited by eusonic; June 2nd, 2019 at 04:14.

West Philadelphia, born-and-raised... but really, I'm in AZ choking on dust...
    1) Prefer Tuesdays.

2) Call me Jon.

3) Half-Orc Rogue (never actually played one, but a menacing lawful-good thief working for the local law enforcement could be interesting) or Gnome Bard (Wielder of the Spoons, Vanquisher of the Invisible Tickle Monster, Lore-Breather, and Squirrel Whisperer, "Tumbly" is a free-spirited neutral good trying to make the world a better place. Many opportunities for hilarity and definitely OP ).

4) Have played neither Water Deep: Dragon Heist nor Dungeon of the Mad Mage (for 5e) yet. Mostly homebrew experience (Played 2-years, DM'd 1-year campaign, playing fast/loose with rules, I have SO much left to learn.

5) I have only played dnd in-person, so this is my first time using discord or fantasy grounds. Will certainly need some coaching, but excited to learn. Also, I'm in AZ where daylight savings... isn't a thing? So... yeah...

Thread Information