5E Character Create Playlist

Got some questions regarding a few mechanics

Really sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

My friend and I were learning the system today and ran into a few instances of... confusion. We're not sure how to handle these.

Firstly; abilities that add damage dice to the roll (ie; Savage Attacks). After scoring a critical strike, the player rolls another damage die and adds the result to the total. We were unable to figure out how to do this though, if we just add a second die to the roll the crit will then double both dice (total of 4). We tried rolling the crit damage normally and then rolling a bonus die but we couldn't get the damage of that second roll to register as damage.

Secondly; abilities that allow players to reroll damage dice (ie; Savage Attacker). Once again, we didn't know how to resolve this. The only thing we could do was roll the damage twice, take the total, and add the health from the weaker attack back onto the monster. Is there a way to roll two different sets of numbers and pick one of them as the result?

Lastly; we were running into some instances of the modifiers changing randomly when rolled from the hotbar. The player would roll a d20 with a +8 modifier but sometimes it would roll with a +1 or +4 or some other number that wasn't +8. Same with the damage roll, he would roll a d12 with a +5 (+9 while raging.) I've been unable to replicate this on my own so I'm willing to say it was user error or some kind, but is there anything I should be aware of with the hotbar?

Hi IapetusGames welcome to FG.

For the first one you can add extra critical dice into the weapon meta data on the actions tab. See here for more https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/..._Sheet#Weapons

For the second point add reroll 2 to the weapon properties. See here for more information https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ating_a_weapon

As for your third point I'm not aware of any issues. Also it isn't clear what was being rolled. Was this an attack for example? And did the user simply drag the attack from the actions tab onto the quickbar? Also note that once something like that is on the quickbar it isn't dynamic. So if the bonus changes on the character sheet then that will not change the dice string in the hotbar.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information