DICE PACKS BUNDLE

I am building GCS export support

But I need some help. Does anyone know where I can find a specification for the "/importchar" XML format? The Fantasy Ground website is just a confusing maze to me. I found nothing in the "Developer Guide" https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...eveloper_Guide

BTW, I am about 80% complete with the PC export... but I am having to do this "in the blind".

Nose

The way I worked it out for my importers was to create various characters and reverse engineer the resulting XML.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Yeah, that is what I am having to do. It works, but takes a few iterations to figure stuff out.

The export uses a custom text export template, but it requires some additional coding to support all of the tags needed. When I am done, I will present it to Richard to incorporate into GCS.

Tis done! The next release of GCS (https://gurpscharactersheet.com/) will now support Fantasy Grounds PC and NPC exports. Once it is released, we will create a "how to" video and let the importing begin!

Quote Originally Posted by Nose66 View Post
    Tis done! The next release of GCS (https://gurpscharactersheet.com/) will now support Fantasy Grounds PC and NPC exports. Once it is released, we will create a "how to" video and let the importing begin!
    Is there any reason it shouldn't work if we pull the latest library files from github? I did this, exported a character to an XML file, but the file is empty. I tried it for a couple of different characters. It just creates a blank XML file. Is there anything other than the library output template that needs to be updated?

If you follow the process defined in the read me, it should work. There were updates to many of the sub-projects (gcs, gcs_libarary, toolkit, etc.). The only outstanding Pull Request is the update to the website, which I think he will wait to accept until the release is done.

If you follow the process defined in the read me, it should work. There were updates to many of the sub-projects (gcs, gcs_libarary, toolkit, etc.). The only outstanding Pull Request is the update to the website, which I think he will wait to accept until the release is done.
    Ah. Didn't realize that I needed to update the core software. I'll see about following those instructions or, barring that, just being patient and waiting for the next release. Thank you!

It has been posted elsewhere, but to complete this thread:

GCS (GURPS Character Sheet) 4.12 (or higher) can export to Fantasy Grounds. Here is a quick video on how to use it.

It has been posted elsewhere, but to complete this thread:

GCS (GURPS Character Sheet) 4.12 (or higher) can export to Fantasy Grounds. Here is a quick video on how to use it.
    Thanks Nose66.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Thread Information