STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Party Sheet

Party Sheet

Hi everybody, and nice to meet you all! ^_^

I'm new here and fairly new to Fantasy Grounds, which I've found is an AMAZING tool for my tabletop needs.

I just downloaded the demo version to test it since I'm really willing to buy an ultimate license because I find it the perfect tool for my needs.
    But I'm having a little problem: I'm posting here because I'm trying to use the GURPS ruleset of course, which is not officially supported, I know, but this is the one I'm playing with my firends and the one I need Fantasy Grounds for.
    My problem comes with the Party Sheet: I've found that using that tool for rolling secretly a single character ability for all the characters would really speed up my job (thus a very important feature for me) but using the GURPS ruleset it appears no character is imported in the Party Sheet, or at least they are imported only for inventory/order purposes.
    I'm not seeing a "Main" tab, like I would for a D&D or Pathfinder or other rulset campaign, and so I can't roll, for instance, "Perception" for all the characters since I'm actually not seeing the all characters "summary".

Does anybody else have this problem? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks to everybody for any help ^_^

In options (that sidebar mesh) you could activate to show GM rolls and also activate Dice Tower, and then to perform a secret test, you click on the character's portrait or NPC and drag the dice For this Dice Tower, the remaining tests will be made open.

Thank you yako: I didn't know about the Dice Tower feature, it's really interesting.

But what I was trying to achieve is rolling all the attributes at once by myself; with the tower I would have to ask the players to make rolls which is the thing I want to avoid.
    In other rulesets, in the Party Sheet there are some fields at the bottom of the sheet that have a list of all available attributes/skills: I can select one and make the program roll that attribute for EVERY character for me, writing the results on the chat (while keeping them invisible to the players).

The final result would be avoiding telling the players to roll for something because those rolls (Perception, for example) are meant to be secret and it's really ugly asking your players to roll for something and then telling them they didn't notice anything because they failed the roll... It ruins the game...

Thank you ^_^

Blog Entries
    Welcome KirbyCrono

There is a certain amount of functionality in most rulesets that is inherited from the underlying ruleset (CoreRPG) which is system agnostic. It has to be this way because there are a mind boggling variety of different game mechanics in the various RPGs.
    The tab you refer to in 5E and Pathfinder has not been implemented in GURPs.
    If you felt like diving in under the hood it would be a great extension (code) to write and make available back into the community ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Welcome KirbyCrono

There is a certain amount of functionality in most rulesets that is inherited from the underlying ruleset (CoreRPG) which is system agnostic. It has to be this way because there are a mind boggling variety of different game mechanics in the various RPGs.
    The tab you refer to in 5E and Pathfinder has not been implemented in GURPs.
    If you felt like diving in under the hood it would be a great extension (code) to write and make available back into the community ruleset.
    Thank you!
    I feared it could not be implemented :-(. That's a pity.
    Unfortunately I'm not into coding but I'll surely try to achieve the same maybe using the Core RPG: perhaps I can use it for GURPS with little more preparation.

Thank you again :-)
    Have a nice day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyCrono View Post
    Thank you!
    I feared it could not be implemented :-(. That's a pity.
    Unfortunately I'm not into coding but I'll surely try to achieve the same maybe using the Core RPG: perhaps I can use it for GURPS with little more preparation.

Thank you again :-)
    Have a nice day!
    GURPs is already using CoreRPG.
    I was just giving you some background.
    Its not that the feature is missing from GURPs it is that the feature has been added to 5E and Pathfinder.

I'm sorry ^_^'

Thanks for clarifying!

I'd be willing to bet Ronnke could be talked into attempting to add this feature
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Thread Information