5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Would also like to see the implementation of ranged LOS. I know there is a lot of support for it and would really drive this application up to higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As Zacchaeus mentions, range based LOS is not low hanging fruit.
    It might be tricky to implement in FG, but you'd have a hard time finding any of the current batch of vtt's that don't include it as a starting feature. I love FG, especially for D&D5e games, but Unity is looking increasingly out-of-date before it's even released.

One of the reasons i don't care for "dynamic lightning" is that the majority of my gaming is playing the non D20 variety. I'd rather see efforts towards easier implementation of "other" rulesets.

/Honken

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Quote Originally Posted by The High Druid View Post
    It might be tricky to implement in FG, but you'd have a hard time finding any of the current batch of vtt's that don't include it as a starting feature. I love FG, especially for D&D5e games, but Unity is looking increasingly out-of-date before it's even released.
    Kinda have to agree. I had to move on from FGU/C recently. Also not having the ability to lock tokens/things just added to my frustration. These are basics in the current batch of VTT's.There were other things but im not here to whinge. FG does automation and does it extremely well. I didn't really understand this when i signed up. Im not after automation, im after immersion in a VTT and unfortunately right now FGU/C doesn't have what i need. The learning curve on FGU/C was a pain too, especially for my players. Ill never diss FGU/C as it wasnt my style of clothing, it was my error in research that led me here. Anyways, I have my platform now and its perfect with unlimited possibilities and my players are smitten. FGC/U was my second venture into VTT's and the community/team are awesome, plus im curious to see the end product. I hope the team can stay relevant, i don't say that to be rude, the community are very loyal and it would be a shame to see that go "south".

It's been in "beta" for a LONG time now. Is there any kind of time frame? Other VTT's are beginning to not only catch up to FGU/C but to surpass it. I don't want to go elsewhere, but if things don't catch up to the other platforms..... Fantasy Grounds is going to fall by the wayside in relevance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriomir View Post
    It's been in "beta" for a LONG time now. Is there any kind of time frame? Other VTT's are beginning to not only catch up to FGU/C but to surpass it. I don't want to go elsewhere, but if things don't catch up to the other platforms..... Fantasy Grounds is going to fall by the wayside in relevance.
    Most current update is in Friday's Stream; https://www.twitch.tv/fantasygrounds
    I'd give you a summary or timestamp, but haven't watched it yet, only heard that it had info.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriomir View Post
    LOL, I've seen Early Access go on for many years before version was considered "Release". For example, Factorio just launched after 8.5 years of development (for which many of them I was a member of Early Access, and the last couple of years of which, I would have considered it version 1.0 ready). There are a lot of complaints about an Early Access product not containing feature-this or feature-that, or performance issues....but that is 100% to be expected during Early Access, and I would imagine that it will be so for at least another 1-2 years (regardless of what SW says), unless they rush it, which I hope they don't...because they don't have enough of a development team to rush it, and I don't want to have to suffer the results of them making bad, or half-assed, decisions to get the product "finished" to appease the masses.

Personally, I wish they would have listened to those of us that said not to release it out of Alpha access. We knew that there would be those that would complain about all of the things they are complaining about, and the negative aspects would result in people getting turned off to it...but that was a calculated risk by SW, because they probably needed the influx of money that more purchasers would bring.

In my personal opinion, I still feel it is late-alpha stage quality...and the features that are being complained about should have begun to appear before beta stage started, and then beta stage is where things would have been cleaned up, polished and then made ready for release.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Most current update is in Friday's Stream; https://www.twitch.tv/fantasygrounds
    I'd give you a summary or timestamp, but haven't watched it yet, only heard that it had info.
    They start talking about the STEAM release from about 47 minutes
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/710093887

Around 48:30 Doug says he still hopes the STEAM release will be by the end of the month.

They said towards the end (around 51:00) that animated maps are probably problematic, but they ARE looking at sounds, dynamic lighting ranges, locking tokens, and some other features that could be added later.
    Last edited by similarly; August 19th, 2020 at 02:49.

God, sound would be nice so you don't have to go through all the gyrations that you need to do now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    God, sound would be nice so you don't have to go through all the gyrations that you need to do now...
    built in sound would definitely be nice, but in the meantime, there IS the audiooverseer extension that works with VLC.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ent-Extension)

Thread Information