DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Can no longer connect to host while others are able to

I used to be able to connect to the hosts session no problem, but now it keeps saying "Network Notice: Client unable to connect to host - Could not connect to the host. Check your network settings and verify the host address, then try again." while other players are still able to connect. Before all this I was unable to host sessions and have people connect but I'd be able to connect to other people no problem but now I can host for other people but suddenly I can't connect to them when they are hosting, any ideas? I did go back and find where my port forwarding problem was to fix the unable to host, but I'm not sure how that would stop me now from connecting to other people.

Welcome to the FG Wongnim.

Usually connection issues are solved at the hosts side; but if you can't connect and others can then something at your end is causing an issue. Check your antivirus has a rule exception set for FG and check that your router doesn't have anything like parental controls or excessive flood protection set. Also, of course, make sure you are using the correct alias or IP address of the host.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Wongnim can you test connecting to anyone else?
    If you cannot then there is likely a software firewall setting on your side or Filters applied on your router.

I currently don't have another person to try it against.

Nope, same issue, how strange this is.

Blog Entries
    Have a look at your Windows Firewall and Antivirus security settings and find all the rules for FantasyGrounds.exe and also for TCP 1802

Somewhere along teh way one of these has likely been changed - possibly Windows changed and prompted you and you may not have realised the change.

Windows Firewall all seems correct as for windows defender it doesn't seem to interfere with any programs from what I can tell. At least it seems pretty blank and hasn't done anything. Otherwise I don't have any other antivirus.

Was talking with the isp again today and they're quite sure looking over FG that they've got things setup right on their end. They were advising me to get back with the help desk here and were willing to try a three way call or the like to try to figure this out. With port 1802 setup to my computer from the router the connection test says it's working fine but when I try to connect to another host (separately) they can see the sending data going but I keep timing out.

Thread Information