FG Spreadshirt Swag

need help player has hotspot as internet

one of my players has a mobile hotspot. he keeps dropping in and out of connection to my server. When i use the normal way to get players to connect to me it works for me but he is the only one that drops out of the game. We are in another group that uses zerotier and he never drops connection ever with that GM connection. I think its do to zerotier skips for looking for ports. I tried to get zerotier work and no one can connect to me when using the program. I followed the video instructoin to the letter and no succuess. Hamchi wont work and its very viral as hell
    Availability: Tuesdays and Wednesday
    Time zone: Eastern time. GMT-5 USA
    Ultimate license user

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by belkasro View Post
    one of my players has a mobile hotspot. he keeps dropping in and out of connection to my server. When i use the normal way to get players to connect to me it works for me but he is the only one that drops out of the game. We are in another group that uses zerotier and he never drops connection ever with that GM connection. I think its do to zerotier skips for looking for ports. I tried to get zerotier work and no one can connect to me when using the program. I followed the video instructoin to the letter and no succuess. Hamchi wont work and its very viral as hell
    There is nothing viral about Hamachi.
    Using ZeroTier or any other virtual network you still need to configure your GM as Private network and potentially add software firewall rules for tcp1802
    On teh Wifi hotspot the players IP address might be getting rotated periodically and that is then seen as a dropped and new connection
    When on ZeroTier it may be that ZeroTier is more resilient to handling the changing IP addresses

I do apologize for my out calling on Hamachi a viral program. Getting this problem fixed has been hounding me for days and I'm probably over looking something like making my nectowork private or something even more simple. It's been driving me nuts

I'll try what you mentioned next time I try it again. Plus I did not know Hotspots periodically change IP like that.
    Ultimate license user

Blog Entries
    Reach out here or on Discord if you need someone to help test or troubleshoot with you.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I use a hot spot quite often to DM and PureVPN (with dedicated IP address) has worked well for me. I have a link in my signature.

As a player, he may just have a bad connection. When I use it to DM, across multiple countries, I have found the connection to be fine.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Funniest thing happen. My friend used his laptop to connect to me and it worked. Apparently his desktop will not stay connected to me but we solved the problem.
    Ultimate license user

Thread Information