FG Spreadshirt Swag

ShadowRun Support

I noticed that there was a shadow run 4 set of rules that was created. Is there any plan to complete that or extend it to SR5e? Or maybe the newly announced SR6e?

I might be interested in helping but I am totally new to Fantasy Grounds... My last group the GM was using Roll20 which seems a little easier to get the right dice using macros to roll successes and glitches. However it lacks a lot of the GM tools since I am now going to be the GM. I am trying to decide if I want to go with Fantasy Grounds instead but at least in Roll 20 it is easy to create SR character sheets for your game. So maybe this is a dual question that should be in a different topic but is there a ruleset we can use for SR rolls or is there anyway without a ruleset to use this for SR 6.0 which I think will be our new game system?

Well I did do an extension for MoreCore to help play 5e https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ore-Extension). I did have plans to fix it for 6e when I get my hands on the rules. Since from the looks of it, not much will change.

I'm actually working on a better set of Die Handling routines (the Universal Die Roller = UDR in DORCore) plus as I play SR3 (which, IMNSHO is still the *best* version of SR) I'm working on a SR3 Ruleset.

(Don't get your hopes up to quick - its a long, long way off yet)
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    I'm actually working on a better set of Die Handling routines (the Universal Die Roller = UDR in DORCore) plus as I play SR3 (which, IMNSHO is still the *best* version of SR) I'm working on a SR3 Ruleset.

I have to agree with you that 3e is the best!

I am playing a "lets start from the beggining" campaign with 3e, and at the moment we have a Shr hiatus while we play Rise of the Runelords 3. But if you feel you need playtesters, do give me a holler.

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post

Hi,

I am very interested in that SR3 ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by TheElf View Post
    Hi,

I am very interested in that SR3 ruleset.
    As am I. My group tried 6E, but it wasn't to our taste, so we'll be switching to 3E in a few months.

3E was the last really expansive detail oriented version of Shadowrun. After that every follow-up edition has been an attempt to simplify or restrict something or another.

4th edition felt so restrictive and compacting. I was kind of upset that I no longer needed four hands to make my skill rolls! The switch to comlinks and wireless made sense given current world tech but I would have rather they just made comlinks like a smartphone and kept cyberdecks just adding wireless capabilities. They ended up doing this anyways with 5E.

I loved the cyberdeck creation rules from 2 and 3E. I really miss the matrix system from 1E, it was slower to resolve but I found it more interesting and engaging. Magic was more versatile and better explained in 2 & 3, especially things like who are magicians and what are magicians. I feel like the developers were more into the nuts and bolts of the system in 1, 2, 3 and in 4+ they just wanted to follow the current system/gamer trends of D&D and simplify and restrict.

My biggest problem with Shadowrun through the years is how crazy the setting has gotten. I think 2055-57 is about where I started ignoring the official timeline.

Also I generally play 3E and 5E.
    Last edited by esmdev; September 27th, 2019 at 01:45.

The biggest issue from 1e-3e was that essentially similar actions used different mechanisms to resolve things. Which made it hard to get new players.

Any progress on 3e or 6e?

Quote Originally Posted by zuilin View Post
    Any progress on 3e or 6e?
    Sadly not that anyone has mentions. Several starts but no finishes (ruleset development is quite time consuming) but it is possible someone is working on it and just hasn't brought it up.

5E is the most advanced ruleset at the moment and is in pretty usable shape.

Thread Information