FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 34 of 58 First ... 24323334353644 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The Drow Breastplate already has this included in its description as does the parcel version. Are you not seeing this?
    I just reopened the module and it was there. Maybe I was looking at the bottom of the description where it was in a few other Drow items and I didn't think to look at if it was higher up.

More locations on level 9 of Dungeon of the Mad Mage battlemap (Level-9-Players) where illusory walls are shown as a dashed wall instead of a complete wall.

Room 18 east and west ends.

Room 29 east and west walls.

Not sure, but I think the halls south and west that lead off to the 'expanded dungeon' are supposed to be blocked with illusory walls too.

For the dotted walls that lead to an expanded dungeon that the DM creates, I added a plaque for my PCs: "For Future Expansion, Halaster" I've been doing that since level 1. We're in level 11. It's somewhat of a running joke now.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    More locations on level 9 of Dungeon of the Mad Mage battlemap (Level-9-Players) where illusory walls are shown as a dashed wall instead of a complete wall.

Room 18 east and west ends.

Room 29 east and west walls.

Not sure, but I think the halls south and west that lead off to the 'expanded dungeon' are supposed to be blocked with illusory walls too.
    Funnily enough I noticed these and also room 44 when I was doing the first one you posted so I'm ahead of you

I am disinclined to do walls for the expanded dungeon sections since there are several on every map and there are a lot of maps and frankly it isn't needed I don't think. I agree with astromath and I just tell the players something similar in my own DotMM game.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ber-The-Blight)

I really like the blight as a setting - very dark..... So I was really pleased to see it come available around a year ago, but a bit disappointed with the contents of the conversion.

So when I happened to notice in the Release Update for 15th October it mentioned The Blight and a Players module I thought great, lets have a look at that!!!!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ober-15th-2019

The Blight GM Guide
    [Added] Player module

However I can not find The Blight Player Module update anywhere - further more searching for the The Blight GM Guide (which I had previously purchased on the store) appears to be no longer available in the store as far as I can see.

I have the other updates from the Release Update. I also checked my order history and yup its there for the 6th December.

OK guess it could be delayed or may even be classed as a bug.....
    This will be pushed LIVE on Tuesday. It is currently in TEST.

There was an issue with "The Blight Game Masters Guide", but it has been fixed and should be visible in the stores now.
    Last edited by lokiare; October 21st, 2019 at 15:54. Reason: Adding information

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare View Post
    this will be pushed live on tuesday. It is currently in test.

There was an issue with "the blight game masters guide", but it has been fixed and should be visible in the stores now.
    yay!!!!
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Curse of Strahd

I'm only mentioning these ones since you have some commoner NPCs listed but not others. IDK if there is a reason some are and some aren't so I wanted to mention just in case. I didn't list any listed as "noncombatants", just the ones with actual stat blocks.

Commoners missing as NPCs: Bildrath Cantemir, Arik the Barkeep, Kretyana Dolvof

Spies: The 3 Vistani spies don't have NPC stat blocks. Their names are Alenka, Mirabel, and Sorvia.

Wereraven: Muriel Vinshaw Adrian, Elvir, Stefania, Dag Tomescu, Claudiu, Martin (7 HP wereraven), Viggo (7hp wereraven), Yolanda (1hp wereraven baby)

I didn't list any that were modified in encounter blocks like the renamed Night Hags or werewolves. These are just all NPCs that can't be found anywhere unless you use the generic stat block. So they would just be added to the "Curse of Strahd - NPCs" monster list due to not being in any encounters.

I didn't do this one so I don't have any of the original material and so I can't search the pdf for those names. Furthermore the adventure was created in FG so I don'r even have text files for par5e that I can search. This is a long way of politely saying where the hell are these NPCs?

I may well have created a rod for my own back in more recent modules where I've tried to provide all NPCs. At first I just included them as simple commoners with a name; but then people complained that they didn't have their race traits so I've had to include those too. Realistically if the NPC is a shopkeeper or just someone on the streets or some such then there is probably no need to have an NPC at all. Probably only NPCs that the players will interact with in some way that would require them to be on the Combat Tracker, or they are quest givers or pivotal to a plot point etc, are really needed. Very few of those will be commoners.

There are of course parties who want to slaughter everything that moves, although I'd imagine those are few enough. At any rate the above might answer your question but if it doesn't and you think that some or all of those should be included in the module if you could point to where I can find them I'll add it to my list.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Sorry about that, I was just looking in the NPC book and comparing it to my physical book. The wereravens I don't see a real need, the lead one I didn't list because he had a stat block for example which fits your plot point one.

Which, funny enough, there is a commoner shopkeeper that could be one. In 03.02.E1. Bildrath's Mercantile. LN Male human Commoner, Bildrath Cantemir. It specifies if the characters give Bildrath a hard time, he calls Parriwimple. I could see if the party gets violent, combat starts and Bildrath would be on whatever map/theater of the mind in that situation.

In 03.02.E2. Blood of the Vine Tavern, that is where the 3 Vistani spies Alenka, Mirabel and Sorvia are. They are towards the bottom. As the Vistani are servants of the BBEG, combat could easily start.

The only reason I even specified them in the previous post, is that whomever made the original module did some Commoners and not others. I left out Kretyana since I don't believe they were really needed, just listed for consistency sake before I knew above reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Sorry about that, I was just looking in the NPC book and comparing it to my physical book. The wereravens I don't see a real need, the lead one I didn't list because he had a stat block for example which fits your plot point one.

Which, funny enough, there is a commoner shopkeeper that could be one. In 03.02.E1. Bildrath's Mercantile. LN Male human Commoner, Bildrath Cantemir. It specifies if the characters give Bildrath a hard time, he calls Parriwimple. I could see if the party gets violent, combat starts and Bildrath would be on whatever map/theater of the mind in that situation.

In 03.02.E2. Blood of the Vine Tavern, that is where the 3 Vistani spies Alenka, Mirabel and Sorvia are. They are towards the bottom. As the Vistani are servants of the BBEG, combat could easily start.

The only reason I even specified them in the previous post, is that whomever made the original module did some Commoners and not others. I left out Kretyana since I don't believe they were really needed, just listed for consistency sake before I knew above reasoning.
    Cheers, I think the ones you mention should certainly be there. In fact in both cases they should really be encounters. I'll add to my list.

Thread Information