FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Guys, I agree it is a bit more than what most want to pay today for what essentially is a PDF form of the old material. But considering back in the day they were $15 a pop in book form, adding in inflation and adding in the time it takes to convert them, especially ones like the clerics handbook, it really is not that bad. I agree if you are only going to use them a few times a year that makes it worse but if you are going to support the Handbooks as a DM then I guess, aside from converting them on your own, you have a choice of using them or not. I think we have covered the "I am not going to buy them because". With luck as mentioned earlier they may come down in price with the blessing of WOTC and FG, or maybe they will go into a bundle, until then complaining will do little to change things. I think the message has been stated and the powers that be know many will not buy them unless or until the price goes down.

Myself I am buying them because I know after getting most of a module converted the time and effort that is put into it. Not to mention I have been waiting for 2E to come along for us to play on FG and I want to continue to support it so we can continue to get material to play this wonderful rule set.

Would happily pay $20 for the Complete Psionics Guide and $20 more for The Will and the Way as that's my favorite style of AD&D Psionic combat.

I am almost 4 years from this post, but I would like to comment on this.
    Believing all opinions should be respected, what "Beerbelly" it is totally reasonable about prices but I don't think "dammed" have here any power about prices and also please always try to see the others point of view. For sure SW have a deal with WoTC, and knowing WoTC these people are worst than Disney or Nintendo, everything is tight and fixed without not much window to operate from Smite Works.

But yes, is not fair, I have all 2e books, my dream was to have something like Fantasy Grounds to put all automatically in my PC sheet or NPC but this is what we have. So before say harsh words like "condescending tone", now not as player but now as a worker please be more grown up (quite sure you are) and try to see everybody point of view and not only yours.

Time ago seeing this prices I gave up, I play Pathfinder 1e (I will never go to D&D5E or PTH2E) and have mostly a lot of book, even if already have them in physical format. But dudes life isn't fair. Lets all try to have a very nice community here

Closing thread, since it’s almost three years old.

JPG

Thread Information